Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Man In Beans

Go down 
+7
Mauro
stephen
Urisk
Red Don
Neil
LeeWat
Ian
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedThu 22 Nov 2007, 4:15 pm

Doctors have concluded that if you find the man in the coffee beans in 3 seconds, the right half of your brain is better developed than most people. If you find the man between 3 seconds and 1 minute, the right half of the brain is developed normally. If you find the man between 1 minute and 3 minutes, then the right half of your brain is functioning slowly and you need to eat more protein. If you have not found the man after 3 minutes, the advice is to look for more of this type of exercise to make that part of the brain stronger!!!

And, yes, the man is really there!!!

Man In Beans Image001ec4

How well did you do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedFri 23 Nov 2007, 9:21 am

took me about 5 secs
Back to top Go down
Neil

Neil

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedFri 23 Nov 2007, 1:43 pm

~8 seconds. At first I was looking for some sort of subliminal image, so was trying to de-focus the coffee beans and focus behind the beans - like those 3D texture images that were in vogue a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedSat 24 Nov 2007, 11:10 am

Quote :
At first I was looking for some sort of subliminal image, so was trying to de-focus the coffee beans and focus behind the beans

I did the same when I first saw it Neil. If someone hadn't jumped in and pointed it out my time would have been a few hours tenths of a second Crying or Very sad

I think little perception tests like this are great.
Back to top Go down
Red Don

Red Don

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedSun 25 Nov 2007, 6:30 am

Took me over ten seconds. I think I was too far away from the screen to see it properly to start with.
Back to top Go down
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedSun 25 Nov 2007, 10:18 am

About 5 seconds I think. That's a bit strange.
Back to top Go down
stephen

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedMon 26 Nov 2007, 10:23 am

wow about 5 seconds too - thought it would take ages as I am not too good with magic eye pictures but he's there all right!
Back to top Go down
http://www.forteantimes.com
Neil

Neil

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedMon 26 Nov 2007, 10:49 am

First time round it took me ~8 seconds. Now when I look, it now takee a mere nanosecond to spot the man. Just goes to prove how effective brain exercises such as these are, even without eating more proteins.
Back to top Go down
stephen

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedMon 26 Nov 2007, 11:01 am

maybe the man in baked beans will provide more protein :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.forteantimes.com
Mauro

Mauro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedMon 26 Nov 2007, 11:41 am

About ten seconds...
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Bean Man   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedWed 02 Jul 2008, 2:14 pm

Took me 5 sec I reckon, wasn't sure what I was looking for at first Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedWed 02 Jul 2008, 5:42 pm

After a full minute I have found the outline of a beagle's head. I'll try later.
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedThu 03 Jul 2008, 12:29 am

I don't see a man at all! Who are these doctors? Is there a link?
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedThu 03 Jul 2008, 12:47 am

It's a man's face you are looking for mysteryshopper, same colour as the beans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedThu 03 Jul 2008, 2:23 am

Here's a link to a site with a few others as well:

http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/fcs_face_in_beans/index.html

Look near the bottom of the picture for the face Smile .
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedThu 03 Jul 2008, 4:09 am

Thanks Ian - NOW I can see it (thanks to the link)! I was expecting a pattern to jump out at me, like seeing a 'face' in a log. It just goes to show what a big part expectation plays in perception.

I don't believe the stuff about the right half of the brain, though. There are various bits of the brain which have been shown to perform specific functions, but the whole left-right divide thing is just popular junk psychology.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedThu 03 Jul 2008, 4:29 am

Quote :
I don't believe the stuff about the right half of the brain, though. There are various bits of the brain which have been shown to perform specific functions, but the whole left-right divide thing is just popular junk psychology.

Your probably right. I just copied it from the original information I saw with the picture the first time I came across it and I have no idea how accurate something like that can be.

I do think little perception tests like this are great.
Back to top Go down
matt.h

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedThu 03 Jul 2008, 6:06 am

About 2 seconds for me... perhaps I got lucky?!
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedThu 03 Jul 2008, 5:34 pm

Ian, you are an evil creature. Laughing I dedicated a full five minutes to the picture before finally getting it. I conclude that perhaps the two sides of my brain are at war.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_minipostedSat 05 Jul 2008, 12:43 pm

Some of these are amazing Ian, just had a look Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Man In Beans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In Beans   Man In Beans Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Man In Beans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: