Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dark Shadow

Go down 
+2
Ian
mogg-y
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mogg-y

mogg-y

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedMon 07 Jan 2008, 9:42 am

Hi
We live in quite an old building (not sure how old, probably 100 years+ old) and have lived there for over 8 years now.

The way our house is laid out you have to walk through the dining room to get into the lounge. Often I will be sat in the lounge on the sofa watching the tv and out of the corner of my eye I see what I can only describe as a dark shadow. It doesnt seem to be gloomy or menacing in any way and comes and goes. I don't really have any explanation for what it could be at all.

Occaisionally we notice that the tools used for the fire will start swinging for absolutely no reason (we have a pair of tongs which is particularly prone to moving for no reason)

The other day I was loading the dishwasher and a glass literally flew across the kitchen landing onto the floor. I have absolutely no idea where it came from because there was no obvious gap on the work top where it could have been so I doubt it fell on its own accord.

Very odd Smile
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedTue 08 Jan 2008, 6:07 am

Sounds really interesting Mogg-y. Living in a haunted house gives you the perfect opportunity to study it. I always advise that anyone in a position to study haunting phenomena should keep a strange experience diary. Keeping a detailed diary of events, with times, dates and exact locations helps identify patterns of activity and is a useful tool in finding natural explanations should there be any.

The black shadow like ghosts really interest me, probably because one walked through me back in 1995 whilst on a case. Recently I have come across some American investigators referring to them as Shadow People and saying they are spirits that can’t get enough energy to fully materialise. I am not really convinced with this argument but it is another theory to take on board.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
mogg-y

mogg-y

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedTue 08 Jan 2008, 9:14 am

Will have to try that Ian.

Your experience sounds interesting. I was going to look to see if anyone had mentioned anything about actual experiences with ghosts etc when I got a minute (ho ho) Smile

Really like this forum, really glad I was introduced to it.
Back to top Go down
Angel

Angel

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedSun 13 Jan 2008, 3:33 pm

"shadow ppl" or "shapeshifters" as they are also known as,seem to have differences with what some view as "normal spirit"

shadow ppl are mostly seen with periferal vision,they are seen featureless,and are said to vary in shape and size.they are also said to flit around at great speeds.and can move through solid objects,ie walls etc.

One point i can make is that the one thing that can determine a shadow person/shape shifter and that of normal spirit...is that they are not known to interact with the physical plane in any way.
Back to top Go down
http://thisstrangesworld.co.uk
mogg-y

mogg-y

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedSun 13 Jan 2008, 3:44 pm

that sounds vaguely familiar, i have never seen the dark shadow that is in our house full on, it has always been out of the corner of my eye (peripheral vision)

I wonder why I have only just started seeing it, we have lived in the same house for over 8 yrs and it has only been in the last 6-8 months or so that I have noticed seeing it.
Back to top Go down
Angel

Angel

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedSun 13 Jan 2008, 4:12 pm

maybe these shadow ppl are there for a spiritual experience for you
Back to top Go down
mogg-y

mogg-y

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedFri 25 Jan 2008, 3:23 pm

Talking of Dark Shadows my husband has just told me that when he came to bed last night there was a dark shadow beside my side of the bed, but that it didnt seem menacing or frightening or anything. He said he noticed it, moved to walk round it, got into bed then realised what he had done! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedFri 25 Jan 2008, 4:52 pm

It happens a lot. People don't realise they have seen a ghost until afterwards Smile.
Back to top Go down
matt.h

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedThu 31 Jan 2008, 6:28 am

I've never been convinced of the need for the Shadow People label. It just seems to put an unecessarily anthropomorphic angle on what is really just an unusual type of apparition.

Especially in the US, it seems the whole Shadow People thing has taken on a life of its own in much the same way those pesky little orbs did a few years back.
Back to top Go down
Angel

Angel

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedThu 31 Jan 2008, 2:27 pm

sorry to disagree with you here,but the title is in connection to the way they "appear"
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedThu 31 Jan 2008, 3:13 pm

The term Shadow People I think is meant to be more than a descriptive term about their appearance to some people. I would agree with Matt that we should treat them as any other apparition. If apparitions are linked to hallucinations in some way, then their appearance is probably more to do with the individual witness than the ghost itself. All worth investigating and baring in mind.
Back to top Go down
matt.h

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedThu 31 Jan 2008, 3:36 pm

It's the "people" part of Shadow People that I think is unhelpful - why give something a title that's so loaded when there's no evidence to suggest the phenomena should be classed apart?
Back to top Go down
Angel

Angel

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedThu 31 Jan 2008, 3:43 pm

good point,what would you call "it" then
Back to top Go down
matt.h

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedFri 01 Feb 2008, 6:13 am

Angel wrote:
good point,what would you call "it" then

Just "shadowy apparition" I guess!
Back to top Go down
Angel

Angel

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedFri 01 Feb 2008, 12:13 pm

well i did ask,lol
Back to top Go down
Quiver

Quiver

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedFri 01 Feb 2008, 12:54 pm

And here I was under the assumption that Shadow People came from sleep deprivation.

Both of my parents work for the utility company.
My Dad is a Lineman (they work with the electrical lines) and my Mom is a Truck driver for the Line crews.
Many times they would work for 30 plus hours with no sleep during storm trouble.

There were many times I would hear them mention these Shadow People.
Seeing something dodge behind one of the trucks or seeing one from the corner of their eye.
They all put it to lack of sleep.
Back to top Go down
Mauro

Mauro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_minipostedFri 01 Feb 2008, 3:52 pm

Quiver, you made remember an episode of my life I almost forgot.
I was studying for my final examination and I was with a friend in a cottage in a wooded area preparing for the big one.
We used to study A LOT, getting very little sleep at night. Moreover I practically chainsmoked all the time and we ate mostly packaged food.
After a few days of such healthy living I started to "see things" at night: out of window, with the corner of my eye I was seeing indefinite "shapes" gliding or moving around the trees.
Curious thing, they were mostly whitish (black is not easy to make out at night) and I almost immediately realized that bad sleeping patterns, chainsmoking, junk food and stress were to blame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Shadow   Dark Shadow Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Dark Shadow
Page 1 of 1