Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel

Angel

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-13

What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT) Empty
PostSubject: What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT)   What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT) Icon_minipostedTue 15 Jan 2008, 3:18 am

what are the actual differences between
astral travel
out of body experience
near death experience

*obviously i know there are differences in the experience and what can occur,im meaning on the level on when we can experience these ie,wakefullness,dream state etc*

i could be wrong but i thought,
astral travel only occurs in dream state
OBE,whilst awake,normal conditions
NDE, at a point where our body has suffered the closest to physical death,regardless of previously or currently being asleep,concious,etc

am i right in my thinking,or do i have this wrong ?
Back to top Go down
http://thisstrangesworld.co.uk
Ophiel

Ophiel

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT)   What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT) Icon_minipostedMon 04 Feb 2008, 3:05 am

OBEs and NDEs are the terms used to label specific types of anomalous experience.

As you rightly say - NDE is suppose to occur near-death (or even if the observer merely believes themselves to be near-death)

Astral travel is an occult term for a belief in the mechanism. It is not a scientific term. It assumes that one can 'travel' in the first place. This is an assumption most scientists would dispute.
Back to top Go down
Angel

Angel

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT)   What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT) Icon_minipostedTue 05 Feb 2008, 4:23 pm

thankyou ophiel
Back to top Go down
http://thisstrangesworld.co.uk
Ophiel

Ophiel

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT)   What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT) Icon_minipostedWed 06 Feb 2008, 2:59 am

You are most welcome.

In addition - parapsychologists have often tried to research this area via a technique known as remote viewing. Check it out!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ophiel

Ophiel

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT)   What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT) Icon_minipostedWed 06 Feb 2008, 3:21 am

Good books on this are; Blackmore's OBE book and her NDE book; and Harvey Irwin's "Flight of mind" book.

Both now are dated, but will give you an excellent background to the subject matter.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT)   What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT) Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

What are the differences between the 3 (NDE/OBE/AT)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: Mysterious Britain :: NDEs & OBEs-
Jump to: