Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Solitary Shoe Phenomenon

Go down 
+2
Urisk
mogg-y
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mogg-y

mogg-y

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Empty
PostSubject: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_minipostedMon 21 Jan 2008, 4:44 pm

Has anyone else noticed that by the roadside up and down the country you often see one single solitary shoe? I often wonder how exactly someone looses one single shoe on a road. Do people drive around with one foot hanging out of the passenger door, loose their shoe without noticing, completely oblivious to the fact they have lost it? What do they do with the other shoe? Donate it to charity? Hop around? Smile
I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the subject Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_minipostedTue 22 Jan 2008, 4:50 am

Could it be that it is pining for its partner who has passed on? Sitting at the side of the road remembering all the happy times they walked together up and down that road, how they used to snuggle up together in the shoerack/ floor at the front door, How they used to take showers in the washing machine together? The poor things can't cope when they lose a partner, as they have to be part of a pair, you see. It's quite heartbreaking. Next time instead of regarding them with curiosity, maybe you should console the poor shoe; comfort them in the fact that their partner has gone ot a much better palce, and that they will be reunited one day in Heaven, because you see; shoes have souls.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_minipostedTue 22 Jan 2008, 6:09 am

I remember many drunken nights with fellow investigators discussing Boot Phenomena which is what we called the lone shoe by the road anomally. I think we also debated Grass Circles and how they just appear in the centre of main roads, usually at junctions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_minipostedTue 22 Jan 2008, 1:04 pm

There is a possibility that this falls under the teleportation mysteries surrounding washing machines and socks. Put washing in machine and you will find when you empty it that there is at least one sock missing, perhaps these shoes contain the missing socks affraid
Back to top Go down
mogg-y

mogg-y

PostSubject: Re: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_minipostedTue 22 Jan 2008, 2:44 pm

I had wondered about the odd sock phenomenon but thought i might save that for another day Very Happy:D
Back to top Go down
Angel

Angel

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_minipostedSat 26 Jan 2008, 3:36 am

Urisk wrote:
Could it be that it is pining for its partner who has passed on? Sitting at the side of the road remembering all the happy times they walked together up and down that road, how they used to snuggle up together in the shoerack/ floor at the front door, How they used to take showers in the washing machine together? The poor things can't cope when they lose a partner, as they have to be part of a pair, you see. It's quite heartbreaking. Next time instead of regarding them with curiosity, maybe you should console the poor shoe; comfort them in the fact that their partner has gone ot a much better palce, and that they will be reunited one day in Heaven, because you see; shoes have souls.

OMG !!! THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING IV READ IN A LONG TIME,WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GET ME OFF THE FLOOR

URISK,YOUVE SPLIT MY SIDES,AND BRIGHTENED MY DAY lol!
Back to top Go down
http://thisstrangesworld.co.uk
Angel

Angel

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_minipostedSun 27 Jan 2008, 1:14 pm

I passed a single childs trainer 4am this morning !!!
Back to top Go down
http://thisstrangesworld.co.uk
Urisk

Urisk

PostSubject: Re: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_minipostedSun 27 Jan 2008, 4:05 pm

Gordon Bennet, are you OK? Shocked

Right, now we've got that bad-taste, purile joke out of the way, I seriously think we should possibly begin documenting this strange phenomenon, with the sole intention of cracking this- It's might be too big for us to all just hold our tongues on the matter, and we should lace together the clues instead of getting tied up with the novelty of it all. This is knot an everyday phenomenon, and I really hope we can come toe a conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_minipostedMon 28 Jan 2008, 1:51 am

Rolling Eyes

I can see a new section of the gazetteer being needed...Shoe Sightings. About the same as SLI (Street Light Interference) became popular, I started looking into a subject with far more depth and scientific significance...CLI (Candle Light Interference).
Back to top Go down
mogg-y

mogg-y

PostSubject: Re: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_minipostedMon 28 Jan 2008, 3:26 am

I am still chuckling at the reference to crop circles at road junctions - you know that every time i see a roundabout I am going to think of this forum lol

Urisk, I don't know what your day job is but please give it up immediately and write some books, your writing style is fabulous Smile You would make a mint
Back to top Go down
Urisk

Urisk

PostSubject: Re: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_minipostedMon 28 Jan 2008, 5:22 am

My day- job? Corrently it's an artist for the Government. I draw the dole Sad I'm actually looking desperately for work.

I'm truly flattered, Mogg-y, but I don't know if I'm all that good to be honest. I have been wanting to begin writing some short stories inspired by my love for Lovecraft. A couple based on some frightning, but pretty awesome, dreams and hopefully one based on Kelpie/each uisge or something- it's just application and motivation. Instead of trawling through the net's vast recruitment sites and environmental organisations looking for work I probably should do something productive-yet-different. My step-mum did say I should start painting again... meh...
Back to top Go down
greenwitch

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_minipostedMon 28 Jan 2008, 6:41 am

Hi Urisk

I have to agree, you should definitely have a go at some form of writing - you have a brilliant style and I think quite a flair.

Ali Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://ceparanormal.moonfruit.com/
mogg-y

mogg-y

PostSubject: Re: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_minipostedMon 28 Jan 2008, 6:43 am

Absolutely - take an hour off searching for jobs and write something amazing instead- you will come back refreshed.

Write something then illustrate it - good luck. Who knows you might be the next J.K.R Very Happy

Ps when you get that million pound book deal, remember me Very Happy:D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solitary Shoe Phenomenon   Solitary Shoe Phenomenon Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Solitary Shoe Phenomenon
Page 1 of 1