Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sewer Zombie?!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
matt.h

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Sewer Zombie?! Empty
PostSubject: Sewer Zombie?!   Sewer Zombie?! Icon_minipostedMon 18 Feb 2008, 6:12 am

Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Sewer Zombie?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sewer Zombie?!   Sewer Zombie?! Icon_minipostedMon 18 Feb 2008, 10:20 am

Could be the news paper mixing what he actually is. Parapsychologist/Clairvoyant/Investigator etc. Just like they seem to have done with ghost/ZOMBIE. It there is a Zombie you don't want a clairvoyant/parapsychologist whatever, you need someone with a chainsaw Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
matt.h

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Sewer Zombie?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sewer Zombie?!   Sewer Zombie?! Icon_minipostedMon 18 Feb 2008, 11:07 am

Someone call Simon Pegg!

As the comment at the bottom of that piece observes, surely a more prudent initial step would have been to simply scour the sewers for mischievous/ drunk tramps?
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Sewer Zombie?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sewer Zombie?!   Sewer Zombie?! Icon_minipostedMon 18 Feb 2008, 3:39 pm

Reading that article i would have to agree with Matt, the security should have done a proper search of the tunnels, because the odds are there is someone living down there. Security measures on sewage plants arn't that high compared to other places i've worked, i mean who in the right mind would want to live on one, they stink .

In the article they mention that they cant prove its a ghost due to high EMF's

I myself have worked in the Woodhead tunnel (and quite a few others), it goes between the Woodhead pass and Dunford bridge and carries National Grids 400kV cables through it. Now i'm not certain how much in the EFM range these cables produce (or how much is needed to produce hallucinations) but im betting its a little bit more that a sewage works 415v pump motors.

This leads on to a question for any electircal wizzo's out there, what produces the highest emf ? Voltage or ampage ?
I've been around very high voltage stuff on and off for the last couple of years and all i know is the safe distance before you get electrocuted but nothing about the magnetic fields.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Hazel McWitch

Hazel McWitch

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Sewer Zombie?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sewer Zombie?!   Sewer Zombie?! Icon_minipostedThu 17 Jul 2008, 6:28 am

Damn ... and here was me thinking this thread was going to pay homage to the mid-80s US Poonk band "The Sewer Zombies", famed for their 1986 recording "They Died With Their Willie Nelson T-Shirts On"... (Check 'em out, pop-pickers Cool )
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Sewer Zombie?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sewer Zombie?!   Sewer Zombie?! Icon_minipostedThu 17 Jul 2008, 4:29 pm

The magnetic flux density produced by electrical equipment is proportional to the current. However, it is not high fields that produce hallucinations but low level, low frequency, complex ones. See http://www.assap.org/newsite/articles/Magnetic%20ghosts.html

There might be such fields on the site but an EMF meter couldn't tell you so because it does not discriminate between frequencies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sewer Zombie?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sewer Zombie?!   Sewer Zombie?! Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Sewer Zombie?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: Mysterious Britain :: Hauntings-
Jump to: