Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFO Picture?

Go down 
+8
Artillerly
agricola
Neil
Mauro
mysteryshopper
stephen
Red Don
Ian
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedSun 25 May 2008, 11:39 am

Click picture to see raw image (it's a large file at 3.8meg):

UFO Picture? Ufo_0

Quote :
We were on a weeks break in Banchory last week. I took this picture of Scoltty Hill on Saturday 17th May 2008, around about 12.30pm, the sky had no dark clouds in it what's so ever, only white clouds, there was no wind, it was a pleasant, calm and fairly warm day. Didn't notice this at the time of taking the picture, but when we put it into the computer, we noticed on the left hand side of the tower above the trees, an object in the sky, also if you move the picture to the very far right of the tower there is another one which looks as though it is further away in the distance, if you zoom in on them, you can see a yellowish tinge around about them, this is a real puzzle to us, can you shed any light on what it might be.

The following was submitted by a reader and recently joined forum member. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Red Don

Red Don

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-23

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedMon 26 May 2008, 3:19 am

The picture is not great Ian. Can we get a close up of it? Maybe it is an insect or something.
Back to top Go down
stephen

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-08-29

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedMon 26 May 2008, 9:31 am

Hmm not a great quality pic - the photo is too small to tell much detail, but if a large moving object was in the sky at the time it surely would have been noticed, even through a camera viewfinder. A bird or an upclose insect might explain the blurred shape and lack of spotting such a common thing.

I'll await a large version of the photo...
Back to top Go down
http://www.forteantimes.com
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedWed 28 May 2008, 3:40 am

Back to top Go down
Mauro

Mauro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-10-11

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedWed 28 May 2008, 10:13 am

Since I have no access to sophisticated analytical equipment (and I wouldn't be able to use it anyway) I have examined the picture and confronted with other "solved" case.
First thought is a largish bird, more than a foot long and with a wingspan of two feet or more. A crow is an excellent candidate but a sparrowhawk should not be ruled out since the habitat is a perfect match and they are becoming more common and less shy. A goshawk is not an impossibility, though it's very rare. Both these birds of prey hunt in couple (two objects) and crows always go around in small groups, though they are considerably noisier and not as good at soaring.
An RC model is another possibility, though they are pretty noisy and thus easily identified.
Given the fact that the picture was taken using a digital camera I would rule out a film defect (a common source of UFO pictures in the '50).
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedWed 28 May 2008, 11:20 am

The original picture is really quite big. I'll get it hosted somewhere and sort a link out soon.
Back to top Go down
Neil

Neil

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-08-26

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedWed 28 May 2008, 12:56 pm

The raw, original picture is now hosted - click the picture in the original post to view it. At 3.8meg it's rather a large download.
Back to top Go down
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedWed 28 May 2008, 2:34 pm

I'd have said a bird or maybe a mark on the camera/dust. Aren't there ospreys nesting up that way?
Back to top Go down
Artillerly

Artillerly

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-05-14

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedWed 28 May 2008, 2:37 pm

The Big Pictures Is Quite Convincing Yet it could be a Meteorite Yet i see no Flames.. The Thing Which Worry me the most is near the centre inbetween the trees is some
sort of symbol.. its either a track symbol or somesort of symbol..

Another tihng which worrys me.. if its a perfect day that day.. No Birds in the sky.. Unless it rained just after that picture (Some birds has sense to sense rain) .. That Must had Scared them away.. No Birds About = Somethings Up
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedThu 29 May 2008, 4:03 am

The larger version doesn't make a vast difference to details of the object unfortunately. The exposure is quite short at 1/250s, so I don't think it's a nearby insect. I think the most likely explanation is a sideways view of a flying bird as in http://www.assap.org/newsite/articles/Balloon%20UFOs.html#KES
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedThu 29 May 2008, 6:06 am

Thanks for handling the bigger picture for me Neil. I'm not sure what it is, though I would probably go with the bird explanation.
Back to top Go down
Artillerly

Artillerly

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedThu 29 May 2008, 8:01 am

Yes But How Can It Be a Bird When Its On Its Own.. Unless it One of them Legend Bids The massive ones.. Birds Uselly Travel in Groups.. Can You see More Birds in the picture? As Said Birds Has Senses to Run from Rain.. Thats Only if they dont get scared off first..
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedThu 29 May 2008, 9:04 am

Artillerly wrote:
Yes But How Can It Be a Bird When Its On Its Own.. Unless it One of them Legend Bids The massive ones.. Birds Uselly Travel in Groups.. Can You see More Birds in the picture? As Said Birds Has Senses to Run from Rain.. Thats Only if they dont get scared off first..

As a birdwatcher, I can confidently say that most birds in this country fly alone most of the time. A few species, like Starlings, often fly in flocks but most don't. Birds will sometimes fly in pairs early in the mating season and in family parties later when the young arrive. Also, though some bird species, like finches, will indeed shelter from rain, others like Blackbirds and Crows, don't bother. There is nothing remotely strange about only seeing one bird in a scene like this.
Back to top Go down
Artillerly

Artillerly

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedThu 29 May 2008, 10:02 am

Yes but a big woodland area like that.. and probably peacefull would be home to lots of birds.. so idont understand why they're no others in a nice place like that
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-05-23

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedThu 29 May 2008, 12:34 pm

Thankyou Ian for puting in the larger picture, As I took the picture I can confirm it is not a large bird, as it would also be very unusual, taking into consideration the tower's diameter is roughly 20-30ft, when you magnify into the picture the object to the left of the tower is wider than the tower itself, It is also nothing on the lens of the camera, as pictures were taken either side of this shot at the time, and there is nothing appearing on them. Not an Osprey either, to see Osprey's you need to go to Boat Of Garton. After seeing this in the picture I did take pictures of birds in the distance and when I put them on the PC you knew that they were birds. It is a real puzzle to what it could be, don't think will ever get the real truth of it, will be one of lives mystery's.
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedThu 29 May 2008, 3:21 pm

It doesn't have to be a large bird far away, it could be a small one nearby, easily overlooked when the photo was taken. You cannot tell what distance the object is, so it cannot be compared with the tower for size. When you catch a bird flying side-on in a photo, it appears just as you see the object in the photo. I have done it many times. Thus, a bird is not ruled out.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedThu 29 May 2008, 3:34 pm

See where you are coming from. But I asure you it isn't a bird, when I took the picture I was looking up all the time as there were a few trees in the way, so I was looking for a good clear spot, there were a couple of us there and we are very observant while out in the country to what is going on round about us with the wild life, in fact we live in the country, so yes I would notice a bird of prey etc, have you magnified the picture and had a right look at it?
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedThu 29 May 2008, 3:42 pm

It's easy to miss a small bird just flying briefly over the woodland canopy for a few metres. People frequently don't notice every detail that is in a photo when they take it. I am often surprised to find things I didn't notice at the time in my own photos and I take lots of shots all the time, very often of wildlife.

There isn't enough detail in the photo to say definitively what the object is - it's just a grey area of pixels. A bird is my best guess based on very similar photos of objects that were known to be birds.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: London UFO   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedFri 30 May 2008, 5:56 am

Has anyone seen the UFO captured on camera at the London Eye that was published in the Sun News Paper earlier on this year, take a look http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article857527.ece
Back to top Go down
Artillerly

Artillerly

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedFri 30 May 2008, 7:05 am

must not be a bird.. must be some festivities Nearby?
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedFri 30 May 2008, 8:54 am

Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedFri 30 May 2008, 12:21 pm

What a Face Thanks mysteryshopper, find that interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedFri 30 May 2008, 2:31 pm

Artillerly wrote:
must not be a bird.. must be some festivities Nearby?

Wouldn't think so it's in the middle of a forest.
Back to top Go down
Artillerly

Artillerly

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedSat 31 May 2008, 8:11 am

Could be falling space dibris Or Small Metoerites..
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_minipostedSat 31 May 2008, 12:28 pm

Artillerly wrote:
Could be falling space dibris Or Small Metoerites..

Yes, but don't you think when zoomed in, it's shape is very smooth, would have thought debris would be more rugged around the edges :confused Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UFO Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

UFO Picture?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next