Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Readings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Readings   Mon 24 Sep 2007, 3:02 pm

A lot of people have visited psychics for help or just for fun. What have your experiences been like?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mysteriousbritain.forumotion.com
Tris

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Readings   Tue 02 Oct 2007, 7:13 pm

Although I haven't had any experiences with psychics myself a friend of my dad's went to see one quite recently. She said it was brilliant and even brought along an audio tape of the interview. The first thing the psychic said was:

"Ah, I see you have a blue car, yes?"
To which the friend replied, "Yes!"

The psychic could see out the window.

Has anyone had an experience with a genuine psychic (or atleast someone who believed they were one)? I'm sure there are plenty out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Readings   Thu 18 Oct 2007, 4:19 pm

I remember a psychic we took to a case some years back. She had heard conversations about a woman haunting the place....which were wrong as far as I know.

When an investigator thought he say a shadow figure she was called over and proclaimed to feel a female prescence. The investigator slightly shook his head as he thought it was a man he saw. She saw it. Then she corrected her "When I said feminine, I didn't mean...........female".

I was not quite sure what to say at that point Shocked

Other classics of that evening were "Has this place got a scottish connection?" whilst stood infront of a Highland Cow picture. WRONG.

"Has this place got a cow boy connection" whilst stood in front of a cowboy hat souvenir behind the bar. WRONG.

There are good psychics though, be sure of that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
mogg-y

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Readings   Mon 14 Jan 2008, 6:34 am

I wonder as a matter of interest (and purely for scientific purposes) how hard/easy it would be to pick up on subtle clues given off by another person and thus do a "reading" with absolutely no psychic ability whatsoever. If you are good at picking up on subtle changes in the other person it should theoretically be possible to get some answers correct some of the time. Smile

I haven't been to a psychic as such but had a very interesting chat to a Gypsy outside Woolworths in 1994 who told me a range of things most of which were true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Readings   Mon 14 Jan 2008, 12:29 pm

A fellow investigator of mine actually attended a Womens Institute meeting and convinced them he was psychic by standing up and giving readings. "I have a someone hear who's name begins with J...Jack, John, Jonathan...yes thats it Joshua" etc. He admitted his duplicity at the end and used it as an example of how it can be faked. He was amazed though that after his admission some of the audience came up to him saying he was so accurate he must have the gift.

I think that reading body language, checking for rings, seeing if they have rough or smooth hands, manicures, clothing, expensive hair do's etc all can give you details about someone that you can use to fake a reading.

As I have said, I believe there are genuine psychics but we must be prepared to accept there are many fakes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Angel

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Readings   Mon 14 Jan 2008, 12:55 pm

there are cases of cold reading,whom i think spoil it for the majority.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thisstrangesworld.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Readings   

Back to top Go down

Readings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1