Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Banned in Birmigham

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Banned in Birmigham Empty
PostSubject: Banned in Birmigham   Banned in Birmigham Icon_minipostedTue 29 Jul 2008, 6:20 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7530519.stm

just reading about this story, the council currently blocks any website that has links to the paranormal, witchcraft etc
The authority's Bluecoat Software computer system allows staff to look at websites relating to Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and other religions but blocks sites to do with "witchcraft or Satanism" and "occult practices, atheistic views, voodoo rituals or any other form of mysticism".

I wonder if this means that Mysterious Britain is blocked?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Banned in Birmigham   Banned in Birmigham Icon_minipostedTue 29 Jul 2008, 8:08 am

I guess it probably IS Ian, given some of the subjects covered.

How they can say that religion is OK but the paranormal ISN'T, is beyond me! Hoe do they differentiate between beliefs in ghosts, witchcraft and deities? Having studied these subjects for decades, I couldn't say how you tell them apart so I'd love to know how they do!
Back to top Go down
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Banned in Birmigham   Banned in Birmigham Icon_minipostedTue 29 Jul 2008, 9:00 am

Wonder if they block the Church of Satan website? And do they class Jedi websites as being religious?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banned in Birmigham   Banned in Birmigham Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Banned in Birmigham
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: