Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hampton Court Palace

Go down 
+5
Sparkle-
agricola
wombat
Mauro
Ian
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Hampton Court Palace Empty
PostSubject: Hampton Court Palace   Hampton Court Palace Icon_minipostedMon 11 Aug 2008, 3:40 am

Famously haunted by Catherine Howard, Jane Seymour and the Grey Lady. But in 2003 they caught something on CCTV by an open fire door, does know if this has been explained away yet?

Last edited by Ian on Mon 11 Aug 2008, 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Mauro

Mauro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Court Palace   Hampton Court Palace Icon_minipostedMon 11 Aug 2008, 5:13 am

I personally believe it to be a practical joke by an employee wearing a bathrobe or a period costume.
Unless you believe that ghosts are capable to interfere with electrical equipment the fire alarm should have be activated by opening the door and the alarm would surely have memory of that. Every night watchman would doublecheck that.
But I do know that longtime museum and university employees have the "magical" power to shut down whatever firealarm they want to go outside and have a break and a smoke without drawing too much attention... Wink
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Court Palace   Hampton Court Palace Icon_minipostedMon 11 Aug 2008, 7:57 am

Plus the fact that night watchmen have been known to forget to check even once that which they ought to double-check...
Back to top Go down
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Court Palace   Hampton Court Palace Icon_minipostedMon 11 Aug 2008, 11:54 am

I've always thought that particular spook looks like someone dressed up as Queen Elizabeth I.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Court Palace   Hampton Court Palace Icon_minipostedTue 12 Aug 2008, 4:45 pm

Yes it does look like someone dressed up like QE1 - now that you mention it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stephen Evans

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Hampton Court Ghost   Hampton Court Palace Icon_minipostedWed 20 Aug 2008, 1:31 pm

If it had been a bricked up door, then there might have been some explaining to do, but a fire door from the sixteenth century ? Come on who's fooling who here. affraid
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Court Palace   Hampton Court Palace Icon_minipostedWed 20 Aug 2008, 3:55 pm

I don't know why but I just can't seem to find a CCTV ghost that convinces me Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Court Palace   Hampton Court Palace Icon_minipostedThu 21 Aug 2008, 8:08 am

Ian wrote:
I don't know why but I just can't seem to find a CCTV ghost that convinces me Rolling Eyes .

Something to do with CCTV operators' habit of continually reusing tapes, perhaps? I wonder how many CCTV recordings now go digitally to disk, which should avoid problems of bleed-through?
Back to top Go down
matt.h

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Court Palace   Hampton Court Palace Icon_minipostedTue 26 Aug 2008, 6:01 am

mysteryshopper wrote:
Ian wrote:

Something to do with CCTV operators' habit of continually reusing tapes, perhaps? I wonder how many CCTV recordings now go digitally to disk, which should avoid problems of bleed-through?

It's (thankfully) becoming increasingly common in my experience, altough some systems don't actually keep a copy on the hard disk after a certain date, meaning you often have to deal with cd-r copies and only the word of the establishment that it hasn't been tampered with.
Back to top Go down
baroniveagh

baroniveagh

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Court Palace   Hampton Court Palace Icon_minipostedThu 18 Sep 2008, 3:15 am

This image was somewhat interesting, and, while some people here seem to doubt it, I've seen supernatural occurances cause failures in electronic alarm systems. However... given the uncontrolled enviroment and the possibility of trickery... this one is not good evidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Court Palace   Hampton Court Palace Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Hampton Court Palace
Page 1 of 1