Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Personal Experiences with Unknown Phenomena

Go down 

Have You Actually Experienced an Unusual Phenomena?
Yes, I have seen something I am at a loss to explain.
Personal Experiences with Unknown Phenomena Vote_lcap100%Personal Experiences with Unknown Phenomena Vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
No, I have never seen anything that cannot be rationally explained.
Personal Experiences with Unknown Phenomena Vote_lcap0%Personal Experiences with Unknown Phenomena Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
baroniveagh

baroniveagh

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Personal Experiences with Unknown Phenomena Empty
PostSubject: Personal Experiences with Unknown Phenomena   Personal Experiences with Unknown Phenomena Icon_minipostedSat 20 Sep 2008, 2:44 am

I'm probably about to stick my foot in it, however: I'm opening this thread for discussions of things that the posters have PERSONALLY experienced. No 'friend of friend' tales or things that you have read about.

I'll go first.

I've seen several things over time I'm not easily able to explain away, however, the one that sticks out in my mind took place about six years ago, in front of myself and other witnesses. The entire event took only a moment, and to this day I wish I had a video camera running.

I was at my parents farm, a large brick affair in the Federalist style who's main structure was built in 1827. In the family room is a medium sized fireplace with a large, cast iron, cover, weighing about 65 pounds. It was winter time, so the cover had been removed to use the fireplace, and was laying next to the wall. While the family was gathered around watching the television, it suddenly sat up, and, while upright, dragged itself to the center of the room, and then toppled over with a rather loud bang. I examined it closely shortly after this and there was no sign string or other means by which it might have been moved by means of a stage trick. While it is a ferrous metal, it's sheer mass would have required a powerful magnet to move it, and the way it stood up from a laying position, rather then dragged itself across the floor made me disregard the idea of a powerful localized magnetic field.
Back to top Go down

Personal Experiences with Unknown Phenomena
Page 1 of 1