Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To those what wargame

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

To those what wargame Empty
PostSubject: To those what wargame   To those what wargame Icon_minipostedFri 26 Sep 2008, 6:32 am

Just a heads up to let all you wargamers and modellers out there know that Angus' foremost wargaming conventions are just around the corner.

Skelp will be held in the Reid Hall, Forfar, on Saturday 11th October.

Targe (prev. Skelp) will be held at Kirriemuir Town Hall on its traditional First Saturday of November.
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: To those what wargame   To those what wargame Icon_minipostedFri 26 Sep 2008, 10:07 am

Many years ago i used to go to the Games Workshop games day at Derby, good times them. The Knights of Outremer used to knock seven shades out of each other on the stage Smile
And during our clean up of the back room i found a load of old lead figures and my paints, might give it another go
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: To those what wargame   To those what wargame Icon_minipostedFri 26 Sep 2008, 12:05 pm

One of the Knights of Outremer used to live close to Dan and I when were in Oldham. It's actually him that taught me to sword fight. A skill I have had little or no use for....except when I was doing LARP (Live Action Role Playing) or just sparing with Dan. I must admit I am a keen modeller and have been gathering some 25mm WWII Germans together. I've never been one for big conventions though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
baroniveagh

baroniveagh

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: To those what wargame   To those what wargame Icon_minipostedSat 27 Sep 2008, 2:52 am

*sigh* My Imperial Guard army will, unfortunately, not be in attendance.
Back to top Go down
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: To those what wargame   To those what wargame Icon_minipostedSat 27 Sep 2008, 6:05 am

Shame to hear that baroniveagh. There's usuall a lot going on! Urban Mammoth are always there offering mad, mad specials to punters (Urban War and Metropolis, they used to be I-Kore, the guys who did Void 1.1), and there's usually plenty of traders, demo and participation tables.

Been interested for a while in a historical game called De Bellis Antiquitatis. Got a 15mm Pict army already (surprise surprise), and might pick up a Viking army. For DBA you basically get an army for something like a tenner, it has 12 stands each with between 2-5 men on it which represents whole regiments (as opposed to one man), you don't get casualties; it's either the regiment breaks or is completely routed, so you don't know casualty numbers during the battle, much like a real battle. Tis quite good really. Sounds a bit restricted initially (you have to choose 12 stands according to the army list at the back of the book) but it's actually not bad!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To those what wargame   To those what wargame Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

To those what wargame
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: