Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Derek Ogilvie Documentary

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Derek Ogilvie Documentary Empty
PostSubject: Derek Ogilvie Documentary   Derek Ogilvie Documentary Icon_minipostedFri 03 Oct 2008, 12:54 pm

Just in case anyone is interested, the guys over at Bad Psychics have given a synopsis of the recent Channel 5 documentary which followed infamous psychic and Most Haunted regular, Derek Ogilvie (the Glaswegian psychic) as he 'performed' for James Randi and Chris French. I won't spoil the ending, but lets just say James Randi still has a wad of cash stuffed under his matress.

http://badpsychics.com/thefraudfiles/modules/news/article.php?storyid=860
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Derek Ogilvie Documentary   Derek Ogilvie Documentary Icon_minipostedSat 04 Oct 2008, 9:19 am

There are links at the bottom of the page to youtube, i watched them........ what a T****r.. but even better is the other bits on the old tube that show James Randi debunking other psychics Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Derek Ogilvie Documentary   Derek Ogilvie Documentary Icon_minipostedSat 04 Oct 2008, 3:36 pm

Love it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matt.h

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Derek Ogilvie Documentary   Derek Ogilvie Documentary Icon_minipostedSun 05 Oct 2008, 1:24 pm

I watched this, and thought the "psychic" must be either very stupid or very arrogant to think he'd pass Randi's tests! Compared to the vitriol of his newsletters (perhaps he doesn't write them himself anymore?) I was surprised at how sensible and pleasant Randi came across.

If psychic powers do exist, I really don't think they're anything like what mainstream TV Acorah-alikes claim to possess, or consequently what the JREF tests for because it tends to be these TV twerps who put themselves forward. I suspect in truth it's a far more spontaneous thing. Further, I think it's useful to make the distinction between "I've seen the future" style mediumship and the intriguing apparent psychic experiences a lot of people seem to get at so-called haunted locations: apparitions, impressions of names, emotions etc.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Derek Ogilvie Documentary   Derek Ogilvie Documentary Icon_minipostedSun 05 Oct 2008, 4:44 pm

I know that people have strange experiences, some of which seem and maybe actually psychic in nature. I know with Turtlethrone he would see actual figures and scenes appear before him, but he didn't accept the dogma his family of spiritualists expected him to and didn't accept he was seeing dead people.

I can fully accept that some people out there are having genuine experiences that make them believe they are i contact with the other side or have psychic powers...and maybe they do, I don't know. But I personally think there are some very cunning frauds out there.
Back to top Go down
matt.h

PostSubject: Re: Derek Ogilvie Documentary   Derek Ogilvie Documentary Icon_minipostedMon 06 Oct 2008, 5:46 am

I agree - it's a shame that what is, at the root of it, a very interesting and valid topic has such scope for fraud. It's also a shame that it's this fraudlent side that the media tend to focus on.
Back to top Go down
matt.h

PostSubject: Re: Derek Ogilvie Documentary   Derek Ogilvie Documentary Icon_minipostedTue 07 Oct 2008, 6:16 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derek Ogilvie Documentary   Derek Ogilvie Documentary Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Derek Ogilvie Documentary
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: Mysterious Britain :: Clairvoyance/Mediumship-
Jump to: