Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WItches of East Lothian

Go down 
+2
mysteryshopper
agricola
6 posters
AuthorMessage
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

WItches of East Lothian Empty
PostSubject: WItches of East Lothian   WItches of East Lothian Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 9:06 am

I'm off on a bit of a tour of East Lothian tomorrow, mainly to visit some of the witch burning sites and related locations, but does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I should have a look at?
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: WItches of East Lothian   WItches of East Lothian Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 9:10 am

Good name for a film ...
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: WItches of East Lothian   WItches of East Lothian Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 9:30 am

Anything that needs a picture for the website would do in my opinion.

Penkaet Castle on the new webbie doent have a picture, if its not too far out of your way, however i cant tell you where it is Sad

Hopfully Ian or Dan will see this post and may have a few ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WItches of East Lothian   WItches of East Lothian Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 11:52 am

The porch way of the Auld Kirk in North Berwick still stands I believe. It was here that the North Berwick Witches, Dr Fian and the devil would meet up.
Back to top Go down
agricola

PostSubject: Re: WItches of East Lothian   WItches of East Lothian Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 12:16 pm

To be honest, there isn't much to be seen at the kirk at North Berwick. The porch does indeed still stand, however for safety and preservation, it's chained off.

However, I was told by my drunken associate last night when we planned this, that we may be visiting the location of Fian's home/dwelling. I'm not up on those details, but we'll also be taking a wee trip to Nether Keith, now a farm. A prize for anyone who can tell me who lived there...

Not sure of Penkaet, Lee. Can you enlighten me?

I'll be taking the camera and might even pen a few pieces if there's enough scope. Anything in particular you want images of? Don't think we'll be in North Berwick I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WItches of East Lothian   WItches of East Lothian Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 1:02 pm

For Penkaet check out the forum thread, Another Haunted Bed, under Hauntings. Fian was school master, but i bet his school has gone now.
Back to top Go down
agricola

PostSubject: Re: WItches of East Lothian   WItches of East Lothian Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 1:48 pm

Cheers Ian, we'll swing by Penkaet if we can. Will report on the Fian site, whatever it is.
Back to top Go down
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: WItches of East Lothian   WItches of East Lothian Icon_minipostedThu 16 Oct 2008, 5:57 am

Where was Kate McNiven (or just Niven... cannae remember) from? Was she North Berwick?
Back to top Go down
agricola

PostSubject: Re: WItches of East Lothian   WItches of East Lothian Icon_minipostedTue 21 Oct 2008, 12:34 pm

I should upload details of my wee trip but not had time yet, suffice to say that we found a deserted village, saw the dwelling where a witch lived 500 years ago which was in fact a 1960s bungalow, and I was accosted by an old hag!
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: WItches of East Lothian   WItches of East Lothian Icon_minipostedMon 27 Oct 2008, 3:30 pm

I am not often breathless with anticipation, but this all sounds wonderfully fascinating. Pleas eto post details as soon as is best for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WItches of East Lothian   WItches of East Lothian Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

WItches of East Lothian
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: Mysterious Britain :: Folklore/Legends-
Jump to: