Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New website Issues

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_minipostedTue 21 Oct 2008, 4:34 am

Hi guys

Is it useful to have a thread for raising issues with the new website here or do you want us to email/message them to someone?

One issue I seem to have had is that the Community tab keeps returning me to the homepage.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_minipostedTue 21 Oct 2008, 6:10 am

Thanks Agricola, just keep posting corrections we need to make Rolling Eyes . We've got that tab now pointing to Forum but I think it should be re-named Forum really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Neil

Neil

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-08-26

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_minipostedTue 21 Oct 2008, 6:14 am

Thanks Agricola.

Encyclopaedia is also pointing to the frontpage.. I'll fix that at some point.
Back to top Go down
agricola

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_minipostedTue 21 Oct 2008, 8:47 am

I was having trouble finding how I change my account settings on the new forum as I wanted to upload a wee avatar/image thingy of myself - I'm probably having a blond moment!
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_minipostedTue 21 Oct 2008, 9:52 am

Agricola you should have a "My Account" in the right hand menu. Go in that and hit edit.
Back to top Go down
agricola

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_minipostedTue 21 Oct 2008, 9:58 am

See, when I go blond, I go blond big time!
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_minipostedTue 21 Oct 2008, 11:06 am

Keep clearing your internet cache guys while we ar still fiddling with script or you'll not see the latest amendments.
Back to top Go down
agricola

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_minipostedTue 21 Oct 2008, 12:55 pm

I like the new forum (just about to add me first comment), but is there any way of having a reply box on the same screen instead of clicking on the tab, like the existing forum, if that makes sense?

The other advantage of the existing reply system is that you can see the previous comments.

I'm just a lazy sod at heart, with the memory of a goldfish.
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_minipostedTue 21 Oct 2008, 4:09 pm

Sorry, still posting comments on new site, but now comments seem to be active and dont require admin check first. Should i carry on as i've been going or post here instead ?
Working through the apperitions flyout on hauntings, flippin eck 23 pages worth !! only on page 8, going to call it a night now. Ill get back to it tomorrow evening.

Last edited by LeeWat on Tue 21 Oct 2008, 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added where i'm up to.)
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_minipostedTue 21 Oct 2008, 4:39 pm

Thanks Lee. We changed to comments fields to to see if we could accomodate Agricola's idea. It could be a disaster waiting to happen to allow comments on each article that appear before editorial control such as we had brfore putting the forum up. Another hurdle to jump.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_minipostedWed 22 Oct 2008, 11:53 am

I have had a bit of strange day and I dare say Neil has had a worse one. The new site treats its Forum and the ability to post comments on articles as part of the same package. We were are planning on allowing registered users to make comments which would enter an editing list before being published, but this is not possible if we are to have free flowing forum.

Therefore we were faced with a problem, do we still allow readers to post comments on the articles , baring in mind that we may end up with god only knows being said and hours of deleting and editing and banning posters.

But we found Agricola's test post on Birdoswald and it was everything we were hoping for. Short snippet relevant to the article and of academic value. It restored my faith in Mysteriousbritain readers..........well some of it anyway Suspect .

So, bearing in mind that we haven't had any problems with the forum at all, we've decided to take a risk and allow un-edited comments to go up. I just hope that readers take heed of our plea to report an unsuitable ones they may find. We could end up with quite few registered users and therefore new forum members here.

Last edited by Ian on Fri 24 Oct 2008, 9:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_minipostedThu 23 Oct 2008, 8:13 am

Heh, I've posted on the new forum without even knowing it. I must by psychic ... Smile
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_minipostedThu 23 Oct 2008, 8:45 am

Yes you must be Mysteryshopper Shocked .

As an admin I can assign authorship to posts as I copy bits over. I'm not doing it for all subjects just enough to entice new posters. If I have not copied any of your posts it's because you probably don't have a log in yet, not that the posts are no good Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New website Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: New website Issues   New website Issues Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

New website Issues
Page 1 of 1