Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ghost Ship, Cape Town, South Aftrica

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
baroniveagh

baroniveagh

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Ghost Ship, Cape Town, South Aftrica Empty
PostSubject: Ghost Ship, Cape Town, South Aftrica   Ghost Ship, Cape Town, South Aftrica Icon_minipostedFri 24 Oct 2008, 2:26 am

This was supposedly taken around Cape Town, supposedly depicting a ghost ship of some type.

Ghost Ship, Cape Town, South Aftrica Ghostship2

I'm seeing a tall ship, and not one I recognize, but...

Anyone have further info?
Back to top Go down
Mauro

Mauro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Ship, Cape Town, South Aftrica   Ghost Ship, Cape Town, South Aftrica Icon_minipostedTue 28 Oct 2008, 4:54 am

You are right in being cautious. There are about 50 tall ships sailing the oceans nowadays: most of them belong to military Navies and are used in long training cruises all around the world, often using traditional routes, like the Good Hope Cape or the Magellan Straits, and stopping at important seafaring harbours like San Francisco and Singapore. Others are owned by private owners and used for luxury cruises.
From the marking (white/black stripes) I would suggest a training ship identity, probably Russian or Italian. The date of the picture would also help since it would allow a cross-check against the usually accurate ship logs.
Back to top Go down
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Ship, Cape Town, South Aftrica   Ghost Ship, Cape Town, South Aftrica Icon_minipostedTue 28 Oct 2008, 10:51 am

There seems to be a line in the sea, just in front of the ship, stretching from right to left. Looks to me like an image of the ship and an image of the shore may have been chopped and stuck together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Ship, Cape Town, South Aftrica   Ghost Ship, Cape Town, South Aftrica Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Ghost Ship, Cape Town, South Aftrica
Page 1 of 1