Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Odd Symbols in the US

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tris

Tris

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Odd Symbols in the US Empty
PostSubject: Odd Symbols in the US   Odd Symbols in the US Icon_minipostedThu 04 Oct 2007, 1:29 am

Has anyone seen this:

http://www.geocities.com/baja/outback/5018/02.html

The symbols aren't very coherent, ranging from stick figures to detailed drawings but a few are recognisable (templar symbol, ying yang, ankh). Because of the various cultures from which these symbols originate, I think it's a bit dodgy. Although the repetition of the swostika could be something to do with World War II, codes maybe?

Or Maybe it's just a hoax.

What do you guys and girls think?
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Odd Symbols in the US   Odd Symbols in the US Icon_minipostedThu 04 Oct 2007, 6:30 am

Look a bit strange don't they. There may be nothing that links these sites and carvings. Visit any castle in Britain and you'll find evidence that someone got bored and did a bit or carving in the stone blocks. Even some of the towers of the Great Wall of China have been decorated with carvings. As these carvings are easily accessible it shows they aren't being hidden and could be easily placed.

The symbols are a right mix aren't they. Some have been adopted by wicca and there is the Ying/Yang, Anhk etc. The Swastika is a symbol that far pre-dates the Nazi's and how these are carved it is more like the positive symbol from India and Asia.

There are members of many cultures that moved to America, including a large Chinese population who worked on the railroads. I think the first question is when were they carved. Maybe the area's were quarried and they are labourer's marks or perhaps scouts have camped there and done some carving? I have been meaning to put some articles on symbology on the site, might be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Odd Symbols in the US   Odd Symbols in the US Icon_minipostedThu 04 Oct 2007, 1:32 pm

Ian wrote:
The Swastika is a symbol that far pre-dates the Nazi's and how these are carved it is more like the positive symbol from India and Asia.

Ah yes, the Manji symbol. It was also used by Hebrews, unless I'm mistaken?

This is a weird article, I've never come across it. It couldn't have been some big internet-based programme with different people all contributing at hte same tiem, could it? A bit like Geocaching or something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odd Symbols in the US   Odd Symbols in the US Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Odd Symbols in the US
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: Mysterious Britain :: Other Mysteries-
Jump to: