Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A Big Hoax?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: A Big Hoax?   Wed 17 Oct 2007, 11:29 am

Did we land on the moon? There are theories out there that cast a shadow of doubt over the endeavour. I mention it here because it borders on a lot what we discuss, personal belief versus claims of dodgy photographs and blatant fraud. Check out this link for some of the arguments.

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

Personally I want to believe we got to the moon within sixty or so years of the first manned flight. I want to believe that astronauts got there with computers less advanced than I'm typing this message on. They must have been brave men.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: A Big Hoax?   Thu 18 Oct 2007, 3:43 am

Oh no. I just can't help but think that the people who argue that we didn't are paranoid conspiracy-theorists who will make a conspiracy out of anything to gain some infamy. My bet is that it's these guys who came up with that conspiracy about the metal strip in paper money...

I believe we probably DID reach the moon. Gotta give the human race some credit, eh? Smile

Last edited by on Thu 18 Oct 2007, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neil

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: A Big Hoax?   Thu 18 Oct 2007, 5:06 am

It begs the question, do the conspiracy enthusiasts think that every craft that has been launched into space is a hoax or, is the moon landing the only one? As Ian says, it's an brave achievement, but I don't see what's so unbelievable about it, especially given the amount of money, manpower and computer power (albeit big clunky mainframes) Nasa had at the time. It's not like they claimed to have travelled through time or discovered the warp drive.

I believe Nasa made a successful moon landing. There were thousands of people involved in the space program and, if it really was a hoax I believe someone would have revealed it by now on their death bed.

↓ dn ʎɐm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stephen

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: A Big Hoax?   Thu 18 Oct 2007, 6:37 am

Well I have watched the video's and people are now faking the 'fake moon landing' vids! Who knows if there are any real 'faked moon landing' videos still about. I am still unimpressed that science fiction movies, despite their ability to show something realistic never bothered to consider what 'modern' technology would allow - live transmission of TV coverage of the moon landing! What a remarkable feat. I don't see the Russians querying it - and they landed on the moon too!

I am reminded of all the people who jumped onto the 'face on mars' bandwaggon based on a low res image of the surface - a high res image a few years later showing a few mountains and shadows should have made them the laughing stock, but no - people love a good conspiracy and some nuts just don't know when to give in!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forteantimes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Big Hoax?   

Back to top Go down

A Big Hoax?
Page 1 of 1