Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mysteriousbritain's All About

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Mysteriousbritain's All About Empty
PostSubject: Mysteriousbritain's All About   Mysteriousbritain's All About Icon_minipostedWed 09 Jan 2008, 6:43 am

I've just been surfing the net and was shocked to see just how many sites out there directly quote and link to Mysteriousbritain Very Happy . Some sites have lifted our articles straight of our pages such as:

http://www.redicecreations.com/specialreports/2005/09sep/johndee.html (I don't mind as long as they say where the article is from).

We're even used as references on wikipedia Shocked . No wonder we're getting 3-6000 visitors a day with this much coverage.

I had never really taken any notice of our prescence on the web before. If anyone notices any interesting links or quotes on other sites stick a link up in a reply.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain's All About   Mysteriousbritain's All About Icon_minipostedWed 09 Jan 2008, 11:22 am

I too have found articles that have been lifted verbatim off the site. I mentioned one of them to Dan quite some time ago as all the haunted pubs appeared on Charles Walkers website with no mention of Mysterious Britain at all the cheeky B*$%*$d.
Back to top Go down
mogg-y

mogg-y

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain's All About   Mysteriousbritain's All About Icon_minipostedThu 10 Jan 2008, 4:25 am

Absolutely outrageous Mad Will keep my eyes peeled n will let u know if I find anything. Really bugs me when that happens.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain's All About   Mysteriousbritain's All About Icon_minipostedThu 10 Jan 2008, 6:20 am

As long as we get credit it's ok, it's when we don't it becomes a problem. Recently the picture Dan (DJP) drew of a dragon appeared on a halloween wrap for Visit Scotland that went in a national newspaper. That was a little annoying but would probably have cost too much to chase up legally. In the end it didn't do any harm I suppose.
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain's All About   Mysteriousbritain's All About Icon_minipostedThu 10 Jan 2008, 11:22 am

Dan could have wrote them a letter or sent an email pointing out the fact that the image is his personal property and that no one had contacted him requesting permission to use it. He may have been offered some kind of compensation from them without the need of any official legal representation and seeing as he can proove that he drew the original there can be no argument really.

As for being credited for the info, people should link to the relavent page as Dan has done in certain articles not just scalp them. Makes you wonder how many of our Photos have been nicked by these underhanded web monkeys. If I find any of mine floating around, I for one won't be a happy little camper credited or not unless permission has been asked and approved.

Rant over Mad
Back to top Go down
Neil

Neil

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain's All About   Mysteriousbritain's All About Icon_minipostedThu 10 Jan 2008, 2:17 pm

The site's content is certainly getting about. A lot of the forum topics have now been trawled by Googlebots and are appearing in search listings.
Back to top Go down
mogg-y

mogg-y

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain's All About   Mysteriousbritain's All About Icon_minipostedThu 10 Jan 2008, 2:29 pm

well i suppose it could be worse it could be here n no one could know about it..... Surprised)
Back to top Go down
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain's All About   Mysteriousbritain's All About Icon_minipostedWed 05 Mar 2008, 1:17 pm

Dan/Ian

I find a strongly worded letter works. I deal with this at work all the time, people pinching things off our website, although with our stuff no one tends to pinch it for profit making like newspapers. It's not too late to request royalties - a letter wouldn't cost anything and may come to something.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain's All About   Mysteriousbritain's All About Icon_minipostedWed 05 Mar 2008, 1:22 pm

Thank Agricola. I think Dan has been working on a standard response letter we can use in future. I think Mysteriousbritain is gonna get tough.
Back to top Go down
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain's All About   Mysteriousbritain's All About Icon_minipostedWed 02 Apr 2008, 3:21 pm

At the end of the day you put in the work and it isn't really on to for someone else to profit from that.

Kick ass guys. Sometimes people do take things unintentionally, but then again it doesn't hurt to ask. As I say a strongly worded letter threatening the solicitors does work wonders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain's All About   Mysteriousbritain's All About Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Mysteriousbritain's All About
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: