Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Death Itself

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel

Angel

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Death Itself Empty
PostSubject: Death Itself   Death Itself Icon_minipostedTue 15 Jan 2008, 3:30 am

im not exactly too bothered that one day i wont be here..its a universal certainty isnt it..but im rather apprehensive of "how" i die...if that makes sense.

im hopeing it wont be my turn for a very long time...but i think i def fit into the crazy catagory for thinking ahead how it may happen..of course most people if they think about it would agree they would like to just pass in thier sleep,but we know life doesnt deal us the same card..

i would hate to have a sudden death where i knew something bad was appraoching..like an accident..but my two main fears and yes iim calling them that as this is what they are to me..are to either drown or perish in a fire..

im not sure where these fears stem from ,maybe a past life who knows............

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

another thought that has come to mind many a time..is..how do you think it feels to die and what will it be like?

if i try and describe what i think it would be like..im going to miss out some of the spiritual factor..im going to describe what i think I WILL FEEL only..

the simplest way to write this is for you reading it to think about what happens when you go to bed at night..
you lay down,relax and at some point,you fall asleep.

right now think...you can be classed as asleep and this is what you are..but you cant conciously say to yourself "im asleep"..you cant even know you have been asleep untill you wake up.and you cant say what time has elapsed untill this happens too....

basically what im describing is sleep in a way being "an empty space of nothingness"....

so i think apart from other spiritual involvement..when we die it will be remarkably similar if not the same as falling asleep...EMPTY SPACE OF NOTHINGNESS..as you cant aknowledge what has happened,time etc as you wouldnt wake as normal...

i do hope this makes sense to whom is reading this..im in no way contradicting my beleiefs that spirit guide you in your transition..i do beleieve this..but im trying to show what the death aspect would be like alone regardless of ones beliefs
Back to top Go down
http://thisstrangesworld.co.uk
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Death Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Itself   Death Itself Icon_minipostedTue 15 Jan 2008, 6:03 am

In a closed system energy is neither created or destroyed. I like to thik we have a soul of sorts, which is essentially the energy that resides within us. I also hope that it will still be sentient, given that our brains work by electrical impulses, our concousness governed by energy. Call it wishful thinking, but I sincerely hope that there is something waiting for us (even if it's just a "pool" of energy), but a part of me says that the energy will simply be transferred in another form. I don't claim to be scared of a lot of things (no real phobias- spiders don't bother me, rodents fascinate rahter than repulse etc), but death is one of the few things.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Death Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Itself   Death Itself Icon_minipostedTue 15 Jan 2008, 6:45 am

I am really not sure about a survival of consciousness. I say I don't believe it then find myself asking dead relatives questions when I am alone. When my mother died I hoped beyond hope there was something else, but can I accept it without evidence.......I don't know.

A good colleague of mine put it very well though. Believe there is life after death, then when you die if your right you won't know about it and if your wrong, well you'll be pleasantly surprised, a win win situation.

How you die though, I think I would want it quick. No lingering on a hospital bed and nothing too painful such as drowning or fire. getting sucked into a Poltergeist type TV portal would be cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Death Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Itself   Death Itself Icon_minipostedTue 15 Jan 2008, 6:50 am

I've always joked that I want to crash my crippled star fighter into the bridge of the enemy mothership, but seeing as that's never going to happen Laughing I really don't know. I know how I wouldn't want to die, certainly.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Death Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Itself   Death Itself Icon_minipostedTue 15 Jan 2008, 6:56 am

I've done that a few times on Star Wars Galaxies Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Sponsored content

Death Itself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Itself   Death Itself Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Death Itself
Page 1 of 1