Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stephenville UFO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mauro

Mauro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Stephenville UFO Empty
PostSubject: Stephenville UFO   Stephenville UFO Icon_minipostedSun 27 Jan 2008, 2:40 am

I guess many of you are aware that a UFO "flap" happened recently near Stephenville, Texas, USA, reigniting the dormant UFO community.
Apart from obvious puns (Anomalist Books announced the reissue of Jacques Vallee's classic trilogy in the middle of the "flap": if you are ever going to buy UFO books get these) there have been a number of the usual UFO-related inconsistencies.
For example until this week nobody realized that the Bush family ranch is only fifteen miles from Stephenville.
NORAD (NORth America Air Defense) staunchly mantained that there was no military traffic in the area, then yesterday declared that a number of F16 fighter-bombers (up to 10) from the 457th Fighter Squadron (Air Force Reserve) took part in exercises in the area. This squadron is based near Fort Worth and some witnesses claim to have seen fighters keeping a weather eye on the unknown object.
So what was it? Mass hysteria? A Cold War relic? Aliens sending a "message" of some sort to humans?
Personally I think it was something quite terrestrial in origin. The F22 interceptor is now fully operational and is so sophisticated that even the Russians had to admit that they won't be able to field anything remotely similar for at least a decade. I have already mentioned that even Britain's own MOD admitted that "NATO has some very interesting aircrafts you won't be seeing at Farnborough next year" and there have been multiple, reliable sightings of exotic or even alien looking crafts closely attended by readily identifiable aircrafts (for example a "wedge" was seen refuelling from a KC135 air tanker over the North Sea by the crew of an oil rig in the late '80s, closely attended by two F111 bombers).
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Stephenville UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephenville UFO   Stephenville UFO Icon_minipostedMon 28 Jan 2008, 1:56 am

I hadn't heard anything about this. No doubt it probably was a prototype aircraft of somekind, then again I am skeptical about nuts and bolts spacecraft. Glad to hear the Raptor is fully operational.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Mauro

Mauro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Stephenville UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephenville UFO   Stephenville UFO Icon_minipostedMon 28 Jan 2008, 2:16 am

Well you know me... being the son of a (retired) pilot I always keep a weather eye on what's in the sky at the moment and having read and well absorbed Vallee's theories I think that UFOs fall into two broad categories 1)unknown and very hard to explain phenomena 2) advanced crafts of terrestrial origins.

PS: the F22 is now operative with five squadrons. One is for pilot training and OCU, another for tactical development and material testing (completely new methods need to be envisioned with such an advanced craft at hand). Both these squadrons are based in Florida. The other three squadrons are all combat operative and are all based in Virginia. More squadrons are being formed and will be assigned to Alaska and Hawaii.
The first developemnt abroad is currently underway with twelve fighters at Okinawa, maybe to try convince the Japanese to toss away their obsolete F15s and buy the new toy...
Back to top Go down
stephen

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Stephenville UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephenville UFO   Stephenville UFO Icon_minipostedSun 17 Feb 2008, 5:52 am

I read of this case online recently, need to do a catch up on things. The black helicopter involvement along with men in black contact is interesting. It is annoying that despite the appearance of hard evidence so little is actually available - helicopters low flying over your house? Then take a photo! strange phone calls? Then take down records and get a few names - it's amazing that so many strange calls after UFO sightings can occur and feature veiled threats that amount to nothing and appear to come from unnamed members of the armed forces.

I'll take a bit more interest in this case as it seems to have more detail than most, and be longer lasting
Back to top Go down
http://www.forteantimes.com
stephen

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Stephenville UFO Empty
PostSubject: check out investigation here   Stephenville UFO Icon_minipostedSun 17 Feb 2008, 9:37 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.forteantimes.com
Sponsored content

Stephenville UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stephenville UFO   Stephenville UFO Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Stephenville UFO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: Mysterious Britain :: UFOs-
Jump to: