Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp

Go down 
+8
DJP
LeeWat
Mauro
Neil
agricola
matt.h
Urisk
Ian
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun 13 Jul 2008, 11:10 am

I think that's a good idea Ian, you would just have to give it a try - see how it works out - take it from there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun 13 Jul 2008, 1:25 pm

You may have a bit of a challenge with finding a good time - all of you seem to be very busy, but at different times. I agree that the idea is a fine one.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun 13 Jul 2008, 1:31 pm

Yes and it will need to also tie in with the time difference with yourself Wombat....what is the time difference between the UK and where you are in the US? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 02 Sep 2008, 5:35 am

Hi, I've been quiet for a week or so because I am cruising Somerset, Dorset, Oxfordshire, Avon and Wiltshire gathering information and taking pictures for the website. Currently in an internet cafe in Glastonbury.

Catch you laters....now, where is my cider?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 02 Sep 2008, 6:49 am

While you're there, have a wee dig around and see if you can find any cups or challices...
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed 03 Sep 2008, 6:43 am

Ian wrote:
Hi, I've been quiet for a week or so because I am cruising Somerset, Dorset, Oxfordshire, Avon and Wiltshire gathering information and taking pictures for the website. Currently in an internet cafe in Glastonbury.

Catch you laters....now, where is my cider?

I am deeply envious....

hope the weather cooperates and that you have a lovely (and slightly creepy) time.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat 18 Oct 2008, 3:38 pm

Some of you have now checked out the new site in it's dry dock, getting it's final lick of paint before launch. If you haven't, and want to explore, send me a private message and I'll send you the details.

This new site has the potential of hosting it's own forum which would mean we have control of the database, whereas at the moment this is run by Forumotion. If we get it working well and looking good how would you guys feel about meeting up on there and having this site as a reference location. We could even copy and paste some of more educational discussions over.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun 19 Oct 2008, 9:05 am

I'd say just go for it.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun 19 Oct 2008, 11:05 am

I think we need to play about with it and get used to functionality. If you have access to the new site, please do have a fiddle with the forum and let us know what your opinions of the plug in package we have in place.
Back to top Go down
Neil

Neil

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 21 Oct 2008, 6:26 am

Yes - please do feel free to make test posts and generally play around with the forum. Functionality of the new forum is different to this one but, I've implemented a theme which keeps the look and feel similiar to a certain degree.

Please post any opinions/issues regards the new site on this thread or, Agricola's Website Issues thread.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri 24 Oct 2008, 1:16 pm

I know some of you now have log-ins for the new site and have been testing it out. We actually have a registration system in place now.......which er..........needs testing. So, if you fancy taking a peek and you haven't already got a log-in, please visit our drydock at www.mysteriousbritain.info
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri 24 Oct 2008, 2:40 pm

Just tried the new site out Ian - very pro looking - registration and log in - log out - worked for me cheers Liked the new witch craft section lol!
Back to top Go down
Neil

Neil

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri 24 Oct 2008, 3:00 pm

Thanks for trying everything out Sparkle - I'm glad the registration process went smoothly for you.

One issue we're having is the site not rendering very well for users of Internet Explorer 6.. I'm hoping to have that sorted tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri 24 Oct 2008, 3:26 pm

I have that and yes an error kept poping up - but still managed to get into things - just clicked the error off Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat 25 Oct 2008, 5:57 am

Thanks for testing it out Sparkle and I'm glad you like it.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat 25 Oct 2008, 7:25 am

Yeah it's a good site - what's happening to this one then, are we all moving over to the new one when it's finished? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat 25 Oct 2008, 1:31 pm

Good question Sparkle Very Happy . With th enew site we could in theory get a lot more coming on, posting and get a much wider pool of opinions etc. Then again here I think we have a great small community and have built a huge amount of valuable posts. We would also have control of the forum database on th enew site.

We could freeze this forum and use it as a point of reference. Keep it going, though I am not sure how easy it would be dividing time between the two sites. Matbe we could have a secret posting area for the original forum community........ Suspect , I wonder if it is possible on the new site......we'd better ask Neil about that.

We still have a few problems with the forum editor, but I am sure we'll sort that out........yes......quite sure....erm......positive...........Neil!!
Back to top Go down
Neil

Neil

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 28 Oct 2008, 5:00 am

I think we're doing okay as we are at the moment, gradually seeding the new forum with good threads from this one, with a view to perhaps freezing it for reference only.

At the moment, I wouldn't want to expect the community to drop everything and use the new forum, which doesn't yet have comparable functionality to this one.

The kinks with the text editor seem to have been straightened out (touch wood), next step is to add Personal Message functionality.

A kind of 'private bar' for the original community wouldn't be a bad idea. Smile

A major coup is that we seem to have fixed the Internet Explorer 6 problem.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed 29 Oct 2008, 7:03 am

As I type, the new Mysteriousbritain site is being launched. give it a few hours then check it out on www.Mysteriousbritain.co.uk.

Fingers crossed Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed 29 Oct 2008, 7:10 am

Will give it ago later tonight Ian..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed 29 Oct 2008, 10:27 am

Thanks Sparkle-, if it's up by then Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed 29 Oct 2008, 10:42 am

YOu still got some teething probs Ian? Smile
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed 29 Oct 2008, 4:02 pm

You could put it like that........we have a fix though.......I hope lol
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu 30 Oct 2008, 9:59 am

The new website is up. Had some trouble making it compatible with people who use scrying mirrors and crystal balls to surf the net, but I think we have it sorted that you can view it using any web browser or divination tool now.

I hope you enjoy it.

Just a few bits of functionality we need to tweek but on a whole it's looking good and is a lot faster than the test server.

www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu 30 Oct 2008, 10:16 am

Congratulations on finishing the new site.

Is there any page of links? Also, what happened to the groups page?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp   Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Mysteriousbritain Re-Vamp
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: General Discussion :: Mysterious Britain Article Request-
Jump to: