Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dungeon Horror

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Dungeon Horror Empty
PostSubject: Dungeon Horror   Dungeon Horror Icon_minipostedTue 29 Apr 2008, 6:31 am

Whilst hearing about the latest Austrian dungeon horror where a man kept his daughter locked away for 24 years, (I think I would have everyone checking their neighbours cellars if I was in the Austrian government) it made me think about some of the tales connected to hauntings where people have been locked up for years and in some cases like Spedlins Tower forgotten about until they starved. I light of these recent cases where people have been held in captivity like this they seem somewhat less far fetched.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
wombat

wombat

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Dungeon Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Horror   Dungeon Horror Icon_minipostedThu 01 May 2008, 4:57 pm

Then there's the old story about Glamis Castle, etc. and lots of stories about such doings in America. Quite apart from all of that, who among us hasn't been frightened of the cellar at some point in our lives?

When I visited Warrick Castle, two steps down the stairs told me that I was NOT going into the dungeon region. Childhood fears? Psychic power? No clue, but I knew not to go.
Back to top Go down
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Dungeon Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Horror   Dungeon Horror Icon_minipostedSat 03 May 2008, 7:44 pm

I remember being told a story about a tree called "Auld Meg" that was supposedly named after a woman who was imprisoned in a tower, where she slowly starved (with gory details like about how she ate her own fingers to try and stay alive). I know this all sounds a bit oddball, but it's very early in the morning... in the middle of an osprey watch shift, so you'll have to excuse the apparent strangeness.

Mind you... I think that movie "Troll" put me off cellars as a kid more than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dungeon Horror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Horror   Dungeon Horror Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Dungeon Horror
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: