Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bridport Sighting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Bridport Sighting Empty
PostSubject: Bridport Sighting   Bridport Sighting Icon_minipostedFri 21 Sep 2007, 7:02 am

The following account of witnessed lights in the sky near Bridport has been received by Mysterious Britain. If anyone can confirm a natural explanation it would be appreciated. All comments welcome.

I would like to know if some of your correspondents or members have seen anything unusual in the night of 15 to 16 September 2007. I saw something really weird, but having never seen it before I wonder if it was some military secret flying display or something else. I live near Bridport and what I saw was in the East. It wasn't firworks, I was wide awake and looked for about 10 mins. Then did something completely stupid :went back to bed. The thing that was astounding is that there was no noise at all, even from the 3 "crafts" flying slowly over the house, all 3 with a red and a green blinking light,then 2 of them just disappeared, while the 3rd went towards a big white round light,low on the horizon. When I squinted my eyes I could see better the white light, it had an oval shape to one side. Alot of lights appeared , green, not blinking [maybe they were but it was too far to see], darting in all directions like insects at night around a bulb. Can you explain that? Thank you for letting ne know.
Back to top Go down
https://mysteriousbritain.forumotion.com
stephen

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Bridport Sighting Empty
PostSubject: bridport news august 31st   Bridport Sighting Icon_minipostedSun 23 Sep 2007, 8:47 am

A sighting in the area from the bridport news last month:

ANOTHER UFO has been sighted at Uplyme - this time by five people.

The mystery object with "pulsating lights and a lined body" was seen by a family staying at the Hook Farm caravan and camping park on Sunday night at around 10.15pm.

Rob Vincent, from Weston Super Mare, is convinced there is no earthly explanation for what they saw.

And he says it has left his 14 year old daughter Joanna "spooked".

"We were standing watching the stars when we saw a white light moving across the sky over the hills towards Axminster," he said. "It was a pulsing, incandescent light rather than a beam - not flashing like a plane - and it was completely silent. It was making strange movements and seemed to be getting lighter and darker. It can't have been a helicopter because they don't move that way. It was triangular in shape with lines or marks on it.

"For a while it seemed to follow a plane which was heading towards Exeter and then it turned and came towards us. My daughter was sure it had lines on it, rather like a propeller or a leaf.

"Then without any signs of light beams moving, it went backwards or got much darker and went off to the left. The whole thing lasted about ten minutes. I should say that we were all completely sober and just standing there when it happened. It was very interesting."

It is the second time a UFO has been reported at Hook Farm.

In 2005 The Lyme Regis News reported how handyman David Henham, 43, watched "a silent craft" put down near Uplyme Road and then take off again moments later.

"It is the most peculiar thing I have ever seen in my life," he said.

"I was looking towards the petrol station and hills beyond and saw this round dark ball.

"But then it changed direction and it didn't look like a ball anymore. It was flat and thin and I thought it might be a helicopter but there was no sound and no lights. It then went down in front of the hills and as it went to land in fields across the way from here it changed again - this time to a more cylindrical shape. It went behind the trees and I thought that was the end of it but then it took off again and went north over Uplyme Road towards the hills and that was the last I saw of it."

12:58pm Friday 31st August 2007

Interesting things happening in Bridport it seems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forteantimes.com

Bridport Sighting
Page 1 of 1