Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vandals Attack Stonehenge

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DJP

DJP

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Vandals Attack Stonehenge Empty
PostSubject: Vandals Attack Stonehenge   Vandals Attack Stonehenge Icon_minipostedThu 22 May 2008, 6:05 am

What can I say other than: Morons. Souvenir hunting used be a big problem in the distant past and caused lots of damage at ancient sites I had hoped we lived in a more enlightened age, apparently not

See the link below:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/7414491.stm
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Red Don

Red Don

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Vandals Attack Stonehenge   Vandals Attack Stonehenge Icon_minipostedThu 22 May 2008, 6:14 am

Morons.....that about sums them up.

It makes you wonder though if less popular sites are also being vandalised and going unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Vandals Attack Stonehenge   Vandals Attack Stonehenge Icon_minipostedSat 24 May 2008, 12:53 pm

Oh I'm sure that they are. (grrrr) I'm also sure that ancient sites are still used in positive ways as well - when I was in Hadrian's Wall country I came across a very small ruined temple of some sort where people still left offerings of flowers. I think Stonehenge attracts more attention because it is so famous.

At the same time, there are also the folks who think they are doing us a theological favor. Here in the states a lot of university libraries have problems with people stealing and destroying any books relating to ghosts, witchcraft, etc. on the ground that they will encourage Satan and his various minions... possibly also gum disease.
Back to top Go down
stephen

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Vandals Attack Stonehenge   Vandals Attack Stonehenge Icon_minipostedMon 26 May 2008, 9:57 am

Amazing to read that tourists were handed chisels in the early days! Maybe up north we could hand out bricks to the tourists and rebuild hadrians wall instead of people nicking bits of that too.

Wonder if there is a curse attached - it seems to work on quite a few foreign artifacts that have been taken away over the years, and have then been returned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forteantimes.com
Artillerly

Artillerly

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Vandals Attack Stonehenge   Vandals Attack Stonehenge Icon_minipostedTue 27 May 2008, 4:56 am

As i Write this now.. Im Literally next to stonehenge.. its falling apart.. too many vandals present and past.. its going and its gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vandals Attack Stonehenge   Vandals Attack Stonehenge Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Vandals Attack Stonehenge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: