Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Guitar (off topic)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ophiel

Ophiel

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-02-01

New Guitar (off topic) Empty
PostSubject: New Guitar (off topic)   New Guitar (off topic) Icon_minipostedMon 09 Jun 2008, 5:48 am

Well, I have been enjoying my new Ibanez so much over the last few months that I had an unexpected windfall and decided to try a new guitar to add to it.

I have been doing loads of research and have decided on the following. A G&L ASAT classic telecaster. From what I can tell they are way better than modern Fender's (the 'L' in G&L stands for Leo Fender - these were the last guitars he designed, customised etc before he died).

I am into the blues and blues rock etc, and the sound / tone is wonderful. If anyone is thinking of getting a new guitar....check them out - they are currently the best keep secret....but that wont be for long.......
Back to top Go down
matt.h

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Guitar (off topic)   New Guitar (off topic) Icon_minipostedMon 09 Jun 2008, 6:56 am

I've heard good things about G&L, and the related (I think earlier) company Musicman, whose bass guitars and amps can go for big money. Still, I've yet to play a Fender or Fender copy that sounds better than my mid-1990s American tele - typically fast Fender neck and really, really bright bridge pickup.
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: New Guitar (off topic)   New Guitar (off topic) Icon_minipostedMon 09 Jun 2008, 11:14 am

I'd never heard of them before this thread, not my type of thing, i like my guitars pointy Smile But if it plays well and you enjoy it thats all that matters.

I did however have a play of a really old Gibson Les Paul a long time ago, another one of the not my type of thing but it was a dream to play, the frets were that low it felt like my hand was going to slip off Smile . Bloody heavy though.

Did you decide to take lessons or are you self learning ? Glad to see you've stuck with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Ophiel

Ophiel

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New Guitar (off topic)   New Guitar (off topic) Icon_minipostedThu 12 Jun 2008, 3:17 am

Yes - the G&Ls are regarded by many now as better than Fender for sound and quality. They do strats, semi-hollows, etc as well.

The pickups are custom and stronger than in the standard fender tele and the body is swamp ash (all original tele's were apparently in swamp ash - but Fender rarely use it now).

Some friends of mine state that only a Fender custom shop unit matches them for quality now (thats a £1500 guitar!!!). For around £500 that makes the G&L a bargin. I'm looking forward to it arriving........

Give 'G and L guitars' a google and check out their website.....
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: New Guitar (off topic)   New Guitar (off topic) Icon_minipostedMon 30 Jun 2008, 11:51 am

Have you got it yet ? If so how does it play/sound ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Guitar (off topic)   New Guitar (off topic) Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

New Guitar (off topic)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: