Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

refrigerator

Go down 
+2
Ian
wombat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wombat

wombat

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedFri 11 Jul 2008, 4:06 pm

Just thought I'd interject a casual note here -

Name three items that are always always always to be found in your fridge.

me:
milk
ranch dip
eggs
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedSat 12 Jul 2008, 8:08 am

milk
cheese
a shelf
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Inghinn

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-06-30

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedSat 12 Jul 2008, 10:25 am

milk
eggs
yoghurt

Inghinn flower
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-05-23

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedSat 12 Jul 2008, 11:32 am

Butter
Fresh Orange
Lager

Amongst other things...
sunny
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedSat 12 Jul 2008, 12:15 pm

Goat Milk
Cheese
Beer
Back to top Go down
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedSat 12 Jul 2008, 2:26 pm

three shelves

and

a bottle of wine, lemon and tonic!
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedSun 13 Jul 2008, 10:05 am

Never tasted goats milk, is it much different from cows milk? Smile
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedMon 14 Jul 2008, 11:14 am

Some people think that it has a bitter taste, but i get one by a company called St.Helens farm and its very creamy. But i've been on it for over a year now and cant really remember what cows milk tastes like. Downside is, its much more expensive than normal Cows milk Sad
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedMon 14 Jul 2008, 11:16 am

Wombat, whats ranch dip ? and if we have on this side of the pond what would we call it ?
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedMon 14 Jul 2008, 1:35 pm

Oh goodness, I don't think I've ever had anything like it when I've visited the UK, though I'm sure you have something like it.

A dip is something into which, as the same suggests, one dips other food items. Vegetables are the most common choice, but depending upon the dip, bread sticks, pizza crusts, etc. are quite suitable. There are lots of different kinds. Ranch tastes a bit like a creamier version of blue cheese, perhaps with a hint of garlic and/or sour cream, depending upon the brand.

I don't know what UK pizza places are like, but here it's not uncommon to have a choice of dips (sauces, maybe you'd call them?) that come with delivery pizza such as Pizza Hut and Papa Johns.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedMon 14 Jul 2008, 2:49 pm

We buy dips out of the supermarket maybe what you are talking about Wombat, we dip Pringle crisps in them and also bread sticks, you get sour cream and chive, cheddar cheese dip, garlic dip, sweet chili, and many more, cant think at the moment. But yeah they are tastey Mmmm.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedMon 14 Jul 2008, 3:16 pm

Wombat, i know the type of thing you meant, but is ranch dip like a bbq sauce or a salsa or is it a brandname ? The garlic and chive dip that comes with our Dominos pizza is usually chucked in the bin by my garlic hating (possible vampire) wife Smile

Sparkle, you can't call pringles crisps anymore i'm affraid. They just won a court case describing them as a snack, something to do with them not having enough potato in them or some such nonsence, allowing them to be VAT exempt, i bet they dont drop their prices to reflect this like. I'll still call it a crisp though (chip in America) cause i'm a rebel Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedMon 14 Jul 2008, 3:56 pm

Hey, I never knew that...thanks for that piece of info....must watch the news more often Laughing
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_minipostedTue 15 Jul 2008, 7:26 pm

Can't call them crisps, Laughing.

"Dip" is one of those broad terms that can cover all sorts of items. There are marinara dips (tomato based), cheese dips (or "cheese food product" dips), teh garlic and chive dip your describe - all would qualify.

Interestingly, a garlic and chive dip would be unusual in the US unless it was a dip you made for yourself. With apologies to your missis, it sounds quite tasty to me!

Ranch dip is white, with very small bits of vegetables, sometimes small bits of garlic and is very creamy in texture. I use it for veggies, but have also been known to use it on sandwiches wehn there's no mayonaise handy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

refrigerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: refrigerator   refrigerator Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

refrigerator
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: