Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Annis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
myvoodoochild

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Black Annis Empty
PostSubject: Black Annis   Black Annis Icon_minipostedThu 07 Aug 2008, 3:53 am

Ok, Black Annis is part of Leicestershire Folklore and is from the Dane Hills area of Leicester (now built upon). She is said to be a blue faced Hag/Crone or Witch that had large Claws and also had a taste for Human flesh (especially Children!?) and that she used to go round the Glens of the Leicestershire countryside and look for unsuspecting Children. She also carved out a Cave for herself to live with her Claws.

Does anyone have there own take on this?
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Black Annis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Annis   Black Annis Icon_minipostedThu 07 Aug 2008, 6:05 am

Welcom to the forum myvoodoochild Very Happy . The Mysteriousbritain artlicle concerning Black annis can be found here http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/folklore/blackannis.html.

I'll see if I can find anything else about her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
matt.h

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Black Annis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Annis   Black Annis Icon_minipostedThu 07 Aug 2008, 6:43 am

I wrote an article for mysterymag on Black Annis a while back - it's interesting to see how elements of the tale correlate with the archetypal descriptions of the goddess Hekate.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Black Annis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Annis   Black Annis Icon_minipostedThu 07 Aug 2008, 10:55 am

Shame I won't be able to read it Matt Sad , they don't like me at Mysterymag by the looks of it. Nevermind Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Black Annis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Annis   Black Annis Icon_minipostedSat 09 Aug 2008, 8:34 am

Welcome to the forum Very Happy Interesting story, Black Annis... I've only come across her a couple times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Annis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Annis   Black Annis Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Black Annis
Page 1 of 1