Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old Man In Picture

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Old Man In Picture Empty
PostSubject: Old Man In Picture   Old Man In Picture Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 10:50 am

Can you see the old man in this picture? you have to look very close maybe have to use a magnifier, but he is there....

http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/articles/1/28927#comments
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Old Man In Picture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Man In Picture   Old Man In Picture Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 11:09 am

I've seen many interesting ghost photos down the years but this isn't one of them. I've magnified it to the point where the pixels are plainly showing but all I can see is branches. They must be desperate for news in Dunfermline.

It's interesting that the witness remembers exactly what his dog was doing a year before.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

Old Man In Picture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Man In Picture   Old Man In Picture Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 11:29 am

Yeah well, just as well everyone doesn't think like you mysteryshopper, if this was the case then FMI wouldn't be wasting their time investigating it.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Old Man In Picture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Man In Picture   Old Man In Picture Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 11:55 am

I don't see any figure there I'm afraid No .
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

Old Man In Picture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Man In Picture   Old Man In Picture Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 12:03 pm

Neither did I to begin with, but if you stand above your screen a bit and look down on it you will see it - he looks as though he is wearing dark glasses, his clothes are very very old, he's wearing an old jacket and old baggy trousers, he leans over towards the arrow and his hand looks as though it's resting on a stick, he has a piece bag over his shoulder which falls down on his left (bags that men used to take their food to work in the olden days)
Back to top Go down
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Old Man In Picture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Man In Picture   Old Man In Picture Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 1:39 pm

I can see something, pretty much like a person, however it is too difficult, with the resolution/size of the image to say if it is a person or a simulacra. I think it is completly jumping to conclusions to say that it is a miner. Few points to note - the photo appears to have been taken in winter (frost on the ground) and has only come to light now, the image looks cartoonish (the eyes!) and although there is nothing to guage the height by, the figure does look a bit large/out of porportion. Finally the figure is facing left, the foot closest to the camera has been liften, as though walking, but the head is direct on facing the photographer.
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Old Man In Picture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Man In Picture   Old Man In Picture Icon_minipostedThu 16 Oct 2008, 4:53 am

Sparkle- wrote:
Yeah well, just as well everyone doesn't think like you mysteryshopper, if this was the case then FMI wouldn't be wasting their time investigating it.

What's FMI?

The resolution on this photo is extremely low. Any detail finer than the branches is at the level of pixels. In other words, it is beyond the actual resolution of the photograph. The branches themselves are at the very limit of resolution - I'm sure they're not really jagged as they appear here.

If you have to try really hard to see something in a photo you leave yourself wide open to misperception.

In my defence, regarding the comment above, I have personally investigated thousands of paranormal photos (none of which I regarded as a waste of time). The vast majority were much more impressive than this one. I'm just amazed anyone looked twice at it.
Back to top Go down
baroniveagh

baroniveagh

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Old Man In Picture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Man In Picture   Old Man In Picture Icon_minipostedSat 18 Oct 2008, 9:53 pm

I really can't see anything either.

...now I feel weird... I just out and out agreed with MS...

must be the lack of sleep...
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Old Man In Picture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Man In Picture   Old Man In Picture Icon_minipostedSun 19 Oct 2008, 3:24 am

Quote :
...now I feel weird... I just out and out agreed with MS...

Will wonders never cease Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Sponsored content

Old Man In Picture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Man In Picture   Old Man In Picture Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Old Man In Picture
Page 1 of 1