Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good Paranormal Magazines

Go down 
+2
Mauro
Ian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Good Paranormal Magazines Empty
PostSubject: Good Paranormal Magazines   Good Paranormal Magazines Icon_minipostedThu 03 Jan 2008, 1:33 pm

I was just wondering what magazines about the paranormal etc you guys read and would recommend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Mauro

Mauro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Good Paranormal Magazines   Good Paranormal Magazines Icon_minipostedFri 04 Jan 2008, 2:48 am

Used to read Fortean Times for a good laugh and some interesting articles (mainly from Karl Shuker) but didn't renew my subscription when they took the present course.
Right now I don't read any particular magazine but I am always open to suggestions.
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Good Paranormal Magazines   Good Paranormal Magazines Icon_minipostedFri 04 Jan 2008, 12:14 pm

We subscribe to Fortean Times, some good stuff on Crowley last issue. We also used to get the ASSAP stuff but i let my membership lapse. I should really join again.
Back to top Go down
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Paranormal Magazines   Good Paranormal Magazines Icon_minipostedFri 04 Jan 2008, 12:23 pm

I've always thought FT was a good read. Sometimes it can be hit-or-miss, but generally it's about as good as you'll get. There is another one called Beyond, but I wouldn't really recommend that one. While very informative, it can be a bit heavyhanded, and writers and readers (submitting letters) can come across a bit overenthusiastic in their belief of the paranormal. At least FT looks at it from a more ballanced POV.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Good Paranormal Magazines   Good Paranormal Magazines Icon_minipostedFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:14 pm

We have just been approached by Beyond to see if we want to advertise with them. I have never actually heard of it before though.

I used to read a magazine called 3rd Stone which was pretty good but I am unsure whether it is still about anymore.
Back to top Go down
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Good Paranormal Magazines   Good Paranormal Magazines Icon_minipostedWed 05 Mar 2008, 1:24 pm

Sadly Third Stone closed down a good few years ago from what I remember. Was always a good archaeology/paranormal mix and cheap to boot.

FT is, like Urisk says hit or miss. Sometimes cover to cover, others not. This months issue was 50/50, I read one feature out of three. The other articles weren't badly written, just not my cup of tea, although some months they do seem to produce some dreadfully written pieces.
Back to top Go down
matt.h

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Good Paranormal Magazines   Good Paranormal Magazines Icon_minipostedThu 06 Mar 2008, 5:22 am

I agree that FT can be a little hit and miss - I know a few people who found some major faults in several of their Crowley articles.

Is that terrible "Paranormal" magazine or whatever it's called still going? You know, the one endorsed by Yvette Fielding that seemed to completely ignore grammar and editorial protocol.
Back to top Go down
matt.h

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Good Paranormal Magazines   Good Paranormal Magazines Icon_minipostedThu 06 Mar 2008, 3:15 pm

As if by magic, news has just reached me that Paranormal magazine has closed down amidst "massive" debts to creditors.
Back to top Go down
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Good Paranormal Magazines   Good Paranormal Magazines Icon_minipostedWed 02 Apr 2008, 3:17 pm

Just as I was about to rush out and buy a copy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Paranormal Magazines   Good Paranormal Magazines Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Good Paranormal Magazines
Page 1 of 1