Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spirit Aroma's

Go down 
+3
DJP
Mauro
Angel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel

Angel

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Spirit Aroma's Empty
PostSubject: Spirit Aroma's   Spirit Aroma's Icon_minipostedTue 12 Feb 2008, 12:30 pm

It seems apparant that some believe that spirit occasionlly leave us subtle aromas that are connected and related to that specific person after their passing.

The simply aroma's of tabacco,perfume,flowers are the most common spirit aromas left to us,and are perceived as a little validation from their loved ones.

Have you experienced a spirit aroma,or maybe you dont believe this to be possible at all ?
what are you views or personal experiences
Back to top Go down
http://thisstrangesworld.co.uk
Mauro

Mauro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Spirit Aroma's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Aroma's   Spirit Aroma's Icon_minipostedThu 14 Feb 2008, 10:22 am

Never experienced anything similar, though it's probably yet another subject for students of the human mind to cover.
A similar phenomenon is the flowery aroma usually associated with sainted characters' remains. Christian stories are well known and usually associated with "incorruptible" bodies, yet there are similar occurences from other religions, mostly Shamanistic/Buddhists syncretic cults from Central Asia.
Back to top Go down
DJP

DJP

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Spirit Aroma's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Aroma's   Spirit Aroma's Icon_minipostedThu 14 Feb 2008, 1:04 pm

Once did a vigil in a pub that was reputed to be haunted (with Ian). During the vigil a distinct smell of aniseed appeared from nowhere, and disappeared just as quickly this was smelled by the group and we could find no explanation for it. (no one had sneaked a drink of pernod). There is probably a natural explanation but I have never heard a sufficient answer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Spirit Aroma's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Aroma's   Spirit Aroma's Icon_minipostedFri 15 Feb 2008, 6:19 am

I have mentioned the above aniseed smell before but I'll repeat it here as it fits this topic well.

The pub was undergoing renervations and an aparition had been reported along with the usual losing of hammers and cabinets falling off walls etc(maybe poor tradesmen....who knows).

The pub had 4 distinct snug like zones. In one area (not the one the aparition was sighted in) there was a sudden smell of aniseed. We all (about 5 of us) gathered in the area and breathed it in for a good 10-20 seconds, then it vanished.

This is not the type of pub where you would drink Pernod and upon checking the day after we found none had been sold in over a fortnight. The smell just vanished. There was not trace of a source, no bottles, glasses, spillages etc. I am no expert but I don't think smells like that can just appear then disappear.

Weeks later whilst talking to an old regular to the pub he explained to me that the pubs long gone bowling team would rub aniseed into their bowls whilst sitting in that snug area.

Was it the bowling team, a sneaky pungent aniseed ball or a long lost glass of Pernod? The jury is still out on this one Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
mogg-y

mogg-y

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Spirit Aroma's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Aroma's   Spirit Aroma's Icon_minipostedMon 18 Feb 2008, 4:09 am

I have experienced something similar- the husband of a friend of my mothers used to smoke a pipe. He later died, and every so often, even years afterwards in their sitting room there would be a really strong smell of the type of tobacco he used to smoke in his pipe- now wether this was some kind of ghostly smell to remind us of his presence or whether or not it had been "captured" into the building and released at certain times again I don't quite know.
Back to top Go down
Ophiel

Ophiel

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Spirit Aroma's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Aroma's   Spirit Aroma's Icon_minipostedMon 18 Feb 2008, 4:28 am

Smells are one of the most common forms of aura (hallucination) associated with epilepsy and mild distrudances in the temporal lobe.

Might be worth considering Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matt.h

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Spirit Aroma's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Aroma's   Spirit Aroma's Icon_minipostedMon 18 Feb 2008, 5:23 am

A little hazy, but hasn't there been suggestions that old building materials such as wood can retain aromas for a surpisingly long period of time? Still, not sure quite how this retained smell would only appear at certain times - changes in humidity or similar, maybe?

We have a report from an apparently haunted house in Staffordshire, where there's been occasional poltergeist-style activity for years. One of the most common phenomena there is for a sweet smell to come from nowhere when the two owners have made up after an argument. I guess there's interesting implications here for the temporal lobe angle, especially considering the stress factor in arguments, although I believe that both owners have experienced the smell simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
Angel

Angel

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Spirit Aroma's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Aroma's   Spirit Aroma's Icon_minipostedMon 18 Feb 2008, 6:16 pm

Ophiel wrote:
Smells are one of the most common forms of aura (hallucination) associated with epilepsy and mild distrudances in the temporal lobe.

Might be worth considering Very Happy

your right that "most" ppl who suffer from peti mal or grande mal epilepsy become aware of a "paticular aroma" just before an episode or seizure..but this aroma doesnt change,its the same all the time.

most importantly ppl who do have this condition would have "other syptoms" as in seizures with grande mal epilepsy or "abstences" with peti mal epilepsy...so i hardly think (my opinion only) that this is something to consider if your well in yourself after becoming aware of a "odd aroma"..
Back to top Go down
http://thisstrangesworld.co.uk
Sponsored content

Spirit Aroma's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit Aroma's   Spirit Aroma's Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Spirit Aroma's
Page 1 of 1