Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UFO Picture?

Go down 
+8
Artillerly
agricola
Neil
Mauro
mysteryshopper
stephen
Red Don
Ian
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Artillerly

Artillerly

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-05-14

UFO Picture? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun 01 Jun 2008, 7:56 am

Interesting. A Mystery That will never be solved.. Butlook in the forest near the middle is a sign.. not saw what it is.. could be a path sign or another sign. Plus By the looks theres a white lighty mabob on the tower? could be someone watching it?
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun 01 Jun 2008, 8:05 am

Artillerly wrote:
Interesting. A Mystery That will never be solved.. Butlook in the forest near the middle is a sign.. not saw what it is.. could be a path sign or another sign. Plus By the looks theres a white lighty mabob on the tower? could be someone watching it?

Are you talking about the tower, is that the sign you mean Question
Back to top Go down
Artillerly

Artillerly

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun 01 Jun 2008, 8:11 am

Nope Theres one in the forest/woodland some sort brown sign with black/brown stripes.. not saw aBOUT It

and also the towers got a white thinmg on it?
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun 01 Jun 2008, 8:26 am

Sorry can't see the sign that you can see, only brown thing I see is a brown dead like bush round about the middle - right of picture, the tower has metal safety bars around the top, as there is a stair way goes right up inside, it is quite a hight, was up it the day before, was a bit too high for me though, going back there next week, will take more pictures and see if anything else shows up, probably not though
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon 02 Jun 2008, 3:56 pm

I see the thing that Artillery is on about, right in the middle of the picture you have a dark tree with a lighter one in front of it, at the bottom of the lighter tree the is a square sign looking thing.

The thing in the sky... well its a UFO as in an Unidentifed Flying Object. It could be as others have mentioned an Insect or a Bird.

I have one question.... are there any clay pidgeon shooting ranges near there, it could be a stray clay ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon 02 Jun 2008, 4:42 pm

Yes I can see it now, not sure what that is, if there was clay pigeon shooting going on, we would have heard the guns, but there wouldn't be anything like that there, it is a forest that runs for at least 10-12 miles, it is marked out with way markers, if you look to the right of the hill going up to the tower, you will see the rugged path leading up to the tower, it is quite a climb, it's 2 miles from where you park the car. Round about the tower at the top there are no trees, but on the hillside there is and also down below.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon 02 Jun 2008, 5:00 pm

That might not be a sign, but maybe one of these things that they have in forests for beating out forest fires??
Back to top Go down
Artillerly

Artillerly

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 03 Jun 2008, 1:22 am

Hmm Must Be A Path Sign? a Warning Sign For Hitchhikers That it'll get a little rough? or it could just for yours.. a Firebreak Point. But When Soemone Goes up there o nthe forum (I heard someone say it) try to check out that point.. Identifie My Mystery Sign Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 03 Jun 2008, 1:29 am

I will try to see where your sign is when we go up next week, it will be hard to find it I think though, because I'm not sure exactly where the sign is from where I was standing when I took the picture, but will have a good look. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Artillerly

Artillerly

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 03 Jun 2008, 11:50 am

Ok goody. dont worry if you dont. i dont mind.. it just might be a hitchhiker warnign sign.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 03 Jun 2008, 12:16 pm

Will let you know, but don't hold your breath on it...will do my best to find out what it is...still think it could be a sign for fire forest... Surprised
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 03 Jun 2008, 3:31 pm

Thanks for the reply Sparkle, so then, there isnt a shooting range nearby so that removes the possibility of a stray clay. So this leaves us with three maybe four possibilities.

1) insect near the lens (probable, looks like a nice sunny warm day)
2) Fast flying bird (probable, looks like the kind of place a hunting bird would hang about in)
3) Fast Jet (did you hear any plane sounds, sonic booms etc.., any nearby RAF bases ? and to be honest they dont actually have to be that close for jets to fly there. I used to go camping above Oldham years ago and regulary saw Tornado's practicing low level night time manouvers through the valley, and the nearest base was Leek.. i think..)
4) Alien craft (improbable, i only say this as ufo's arn't my thing)

Lee.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 03 Jun 2008, 3:42 pm

Weren't mine either, since I have taken this picture, it's a mazing when showing it to others they then tell you what things they have seen in the sky that are unexplainable as well, where in the past I would have had an other explanation for. But now well I wouldn't knock it, keeping an open mind
Back to top Go down
Artillerly

Artillerly

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon 09 Jun 2008, 12:21 pm

Sparkle Do You mind Me Borrowing Rights of it To Put on youtube And See all the theorys Youtubers Think off it?
Back to top Go down
Visitor

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed 11 Jun 2008, 3:52 pm

The object to the left of the Tower is definitely not a bird. It appears to be longer than the Tower is wide. It is airborne and so must be classed as a UFO until such time as it's true nature is determined. The object to the right of the Tower is too far away to determine one way or another what it is.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu 12 Jun 2008, 1:59 am

Hi Visitor, welcome to the forum Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu 12 Jun 2008, 3:41 am

Visitor wrote:
The object to the left of the Tower is definitely not a bird. It appears to be longer than the Tower is wide. It is airborne and so must be classed as a UFO until such time as it's true nature is determined. The object to the right of the Tower is too far away to determine one way or another what it is.

So how far away is the object from the camera and how do you know this information?
Back to top Go down
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 26 Aug 2008, 4:54 am

Artillerly wrote:
Yes But How Can It Be a Bird When Its On Its Own.. Unless it One of them Legend Bids The massive ones.. Birds Uselly Travel in Groups.. Can You see More Birds in the picture? As Said Birds Has Senses to Run from Rain.. Thats Only if they dont get scared off first..

Where did you get that from?

I'd say a large bird, possibly a raptor like a buzzard or even a kite.

mysteryshopper wrote:
When you catch a bird flying side-on in a photo, it appears just as you see the object in the photo. I have done it many times. Thus, a bird is not ruled out.

I'll second that! I took many pictures of great skuas on the island of Handa earlier this month and a fair few turned out like that- they're so fast! And unnervingly big when flying towards you...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFO Picture?   UFO Picture? - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

UFO Picture?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2