Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NBC news Ghost

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
baroniveagh

baroniveagh

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-09-18

NBC news Ghost Empty
PostSubject: NBC news Ghost   NBC news Ghost Icon_minipostedFri 26 Sep 2008, 1:05 am

NBC News ran this item about a ghost tripping a motion activated camera in a work out gym.

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&vid=6296ab27-4812-40c3-a861-ef8d029d310a&playlist=videoByTag:tag:source_nbc%20news%20channel:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:mk:us:vs:0&from=MSNHP&tab=m24&GT1=42003

Supposedly this model is not tripped by things like bugs or dust.

I'm thinking a bat or small bird maybe. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

NBC news Ghost Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBC news Ghost   NBC news Ghost Icon_minipostedFri 26 Sep 2008, 4:00 am

It certainly looks like an insect crawling over the camera glass in front of the camera. I've come across several similar cases in the past. The big question is, how did the motion sensors get tripped? Obviously, you'd need to test the sensors to see how sensitive they are. However, I have personal experience of spiders tripping PIRs in the past.
Back to top Go down
baroniveagh

baroniveagh

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-09-18

NBC news Ghost Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBC news Ghost   NBC news Ghost Icon_minipostedFri 26 Sep 2008, 4:49 am

It would have to depend on where the motion sensor that activates the camera is located relative to the camera, and what type it is. One that's thermal sensitive wouldn't be triggered by a spider, per e, but a small mammal would set it off.
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

NBC news Ghost Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBC news Ghost   NBC news Ghost Icon_minipostedFri 26 Sep 2008, 9:43 am

I worked on a job once where we were getting spurious false alarms on a fire system, after a long drawn out troubleshooting session it was discovered that a spider had built a web over the lens of a rather expensive flame detector.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Sponsored content

NBC news Ghost Empty
PostSubject: Re: NBC news Ghost   NBC news Ghost Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

NBC news Ghost
Page 1 of 1