Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

asylum ghost?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
midge

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-13

asylum ghost? Empty
PostSubject: asylum ghost?   asylum ghost? Icon_minipostedWed 13 Feb 2008, 6:33 pm

hello, i took this photo last year in the chapel of an old asylum nr to where i live. there was four of all together, i was i the centre of the room and everyone else was a least 10ft away from me.
Just before we left i quickly took a pic of the makeshift alter, and noticed this, after uploading it on my laptop, we noticed in the bottom left corner of what looks like just a torso, and just to the right of that what looks like a hooded figure {you have to look hard, the hood starts near the chair}.
The first pic is the original, and the second after we lightened it {quaility isnt that great}
asylum ghost? DSCF0415
asylum ghost? DSCF0415-1
Back to top Go down
Mauro

Mauro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-10-11

asylum ghost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: asylum ghost?   asylum ghost? Icon_minipostedThu 14 Feb 2008, 1:46 am

Was there anyone smoking with you? Was it freezing and was the breath condensing? Looks suspiciously like smoke or steam to me.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

asylum ghost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: asylum ghost?   asylum ghost? Icon_minipostedThu 14 Feb 2008, 5:04 am

Hi Midge, welcome to the forum Very Happy

Great picture. As Mauro says it does look like smoke. I know it's a silly question because no doubt you have given very serious thought about the conditions where like when the photograph was taken, but can you think of anything natural that that could explain it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
midge

asylum ghost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: asylum ghost?   asylum ghost? Icon_minipostedThu 14 Feb 2008, 5:38 am

No one was smoking at the time, it was so dry that day so we ruled out condensation etc. i did take another photo a couple of seconds of taking the first and nothing showed up{ it was at a slightly different angle as i was walking out the building} will dig that out n post.
Back to top Go down
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

asylum ghost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: asylum ghost?   asylum ghost? Icon_minipostedThu 14 Feb 2008, 5:42 am

It's the photographer's breath showing up because it is very close to the flash. The flash would have gone on for longer than usual because there is no subject close enough for it to illuminate. Flash typically has a range of 3 - 5 metres.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

asylum ghost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: asylum ghost?   asylum ghost? Icon_minipostedFri 15 Feb 2008, 6:22 am

I think I would agree with Mysteryshopper there, it's probably the photographer's breath.
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

asylum ghost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: asylum ghost?   asylum ghost? Icon_minipostedFri 15 Feb 2008, 10:34 am

Could be ectoplasm, but it really does look like smoke to me. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
midge

asylum ghost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: asylum ghost?   asylum ghost? Icon_minipostedFri 15 Feb 2008, 1:36 pm

thanks for your ideas, i no it definatly isnt smoke, just couldnt think of what it could be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

asylum ghost? Empty
PostSubject: Re: asylum ghost?   asylum ghost? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

asylum ghost?
Page 1 of 1