Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'New' Haunted Houses

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mogg-y

mogg-y

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-12-29

'New' Haunted Houses Empty
PostSubject: 'New' Haunted Houses   'New' Haunted Houses Icon_minipostedFri 22 Feb 2008, 6:22 am

Hi
One of my friends lives in a recently built house (built we think around 1997) - she is experiencing 'odd' things in her house, like she thinks her husband is home when he isn't, the baby gate closes on its own at the bottom of the stairs, the jars on her worktop move so the labels are facing the wall, etc.

She thinks it's strange because the house is fairly new and as far as she is aware no one has died there. I said that I didn't think that it is necessary for someone to die in a property for it to be haunted, am I right?

Thought I would ask you guys as you know more about these things than me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matt.h

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: 'New' Haunted Houses   'New' Haunted Houses Icon_minipostedFri 22 Feb 2008, 6:35 am

A common theory would be that the house has been built over something older and with a suitable history for traditional ghost causes.

Another might be that she's causing the activity herself - it's said that a lot of cases featuring "poltergeist" style activity can be strongly linked to one person, who is often going through a difficult or stressful period in their life.

Alternatively, she's inadvertantly summoned some ancient daemon who's slowly taking over the house.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: 'New' Haunted Houses   'New' Haunted Houses Icon_minipostedFri 22 Feb 2008, 6:47 am

Quote :
She thinks it's strange because the house is fairly new and as far as she is aware no one has died there. I said that I didn't think that it is necessary for someone to die in a property for it to be haunted, am I right?

I'd say you are quite right thre Mogg-y, there is nothing to say a haunting has to be connected to the site of a death. I'd advise she keeps a note of when these things are happening. It may help identify a pattern and then hopefully help discover any natural explanations should they exist. You never know, it could all be down to vibrations, is she near a main road or railway?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
mysteryshopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: 'New' Haunted Houses   'New' Haunted Houses Icon_minipostedFri 22 Feb 2008, 7:23 am

When did the haunting start - as soon as they moved in?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'New' Haunted Houses   'New' Haunted Houses Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

'New' Haunted Houses
Page 1 of 1