Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Haunted Leeds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
YEPDigital

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Haunted Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Haunted Leeds   Haunted Leeds Icon_minipostedThu 11 Sep 2008, 5:21 am

Haunted Leeds at www.hauntedleeds.co.uk is a brilliant series on the Yorkshire Evening Post www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk website. It features Barrie John, as seen on TV's Most Haunted show. Find out the spooky history of some of Leeds most famous buildings.
Back to top Go down
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Haunted Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted Leeds   Haunted Leeds Icon_minipostedThu 11 Sep 2008, 6:33 am

Sorry but I'm automatically sceptical of anything involving anyone from Most Haunted. Perhaps I'm just getting old and cynical.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Haunted Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted Leeds   Haunted Leeds Icon_minipostedThu 11 Sep 2008, 8:42 am

Most Haunted? Enough to put me right off too....sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
wombat

wombat

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Haunted Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted Leeds   Haunted Leeds Icon_minipostedThu 11 Sep 2008, 1:51 pm

Eh? Sorry, not familiar with "Most Haunted" as a brand of any sort -
Back to top Go down
Mauro

Mauro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Haunted Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted Leeds   Haunted Leeds Icon_minipostedFri 12 Sep 2008, 1:44 am

wombat wrote:
Eh? Sorry, not familiar with "Most Haunted" as a brand of any sort -

Here's their homepage: http://www.livingtv.co.uk/shows/mosthaunted/index.php
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

Haunted Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted Leeds   Haunted Leeds Icon_minipostedFri 12 Sep 2008, 1:34 pm

OK, read the page - why are folks skeptical? Sorry to ask so many questions -
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Haunted Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted Leeds   Haunted Leeds Icon_minipostedFri 12 Sep 2008, 1:42 pm

Basically Most Haunted is just good TV passing itself off as genuine paranormal investigating. They turn all the lights off so they cannot possible know what the hell is actually going on and rely heavily on mediums to find out what is going on. One famous medium they used was Derek Acorah....who is probably a f**e. Most definately I'd probably say. I have heard some stories from people related to the film crew itself and others who claim to have come across him in disguise at the locations before visiting them. Check out U-Tube and look for Most Haunted, Mary Loves Dick Laughing . I don't know any investigator I truly respect who is involved with this show, shame really because it has really brought the paranormal back into the popular medium and has a cult following.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
agricola

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Haunted Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted Leeds   Haunted Leeds Icon_minipostedSun 14 Sep 2008, 3:07 am

Try badpsychic.com, they cover a bit about Derek. I've got a friend who managed one of their locations and reckoned a lot of it was scripted.
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

Haunted Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted Leeds   Haunted Leeds Icon_minipostedWed 17 Sep 2008, 1:40 pm

Ah! Thanks very much for the details - this is probably the gap between the cultures of Britain and America again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Haunted Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted Leeds   Haunted Leeds Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Haunted Leeds
Page 1 of 1