Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Films Have You Recently Watched?

Go down 
+7
Sparkle-
DJP
Mauro
Urisk
LeeWat
Neil
Ian
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed 02 Apr 2008, 2:57 pm

Bought the Indie boxed set last weekend, and so far I've been through Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom. True, I've seen them a million times, but now I have them on DVD. Very Happy Looking forward to Crystal Skull! Last flick I saw at pictures I think was Rambo. I liked it. Gory and brutal, and little CG effects. So refreshing Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed 02 Jul 2008, 2:57 pm

I watched "Sweeney Todd" and really enjoyed it, don't normally like musicals as a rule, but love "Johnny Depp". There was a lot of action in this one, "Throat Cutting" stuff!!, the story on the whole was capturing from start to finish, and was sad at the end, a story with a reel twist at the end, worth watching.
Suspect Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed 02 Jul 2008, 5:40 pm

Sparkle - if you can get your hands on the original soundtrack, do, Large bits of it had to be cut for the film. Stephen Sondheim (the composer) approved the cuts, but it did mean losing some wonderfully gothic, dramatic, terrific bits - deliciously dark stuff.

Just watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I'm afraid - I needed a good, reliable laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu 03 Jul 2008, 12:51 am

I don't like the Monty Python's very much, but the one you've just watched my Husband would watch it, if it was on TV, he thinks there funny!! Mmmm....
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu 03 Jul 2008, 5:36 pm

I need to be in the right mood for the Pythons, but every now and again they're wonderfully reliable.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri 04 Jul 2008, 12:43 am

Hey Wombat, love your picture!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri 04 Jul 2008, 11:57 am

Couldn't find a wombat, so I figured I'd use another marsupial. We have koalas at teh local zoo this summer - i confess to having gone to see them twice.

It being July 4, I've just watched "1776."
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri 04 Jul 2008, 12:00 pm

wombat wrote:
I need to be in the right mood for the Pythons, but every now and again they're wonderfully reliable.

Right mood Shocked

Any mood is the right mood for a bit of Python Wink "Beard Madam?"

Back to recently watched films though, I watched Run Fat Boy Run last night, a few bits made me laugh, especially the cake shop scene with the old lady.

I also watched The Bank Job, supposed to be a true story about a gang of criminals who tunnel into a branch of Lloyds bank at marlybone in london to rob the safety deposit boxes and end up with some compromising pictures of Princess Margret. Its a good un, seems a bit far fetched but there was supposedly something called a D-Notice stopping news reports on the robbery.
Some on here might remember it, i dont as i was born in 1971 and i think i was probably more interested in my toes at the time Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri 04 Jul 2008, 12:15 pm

Yes I've seen Fat Boy Run, it's funny Laughing Has anyone seen the film, Beowulf, my friend gave it to me to watch but haven't got around to it yet. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri 04 Jul 2008, 12:45 pm

In my opinon, Beowulf is the best animated film i've ever seen. Get a brew/beer/glass of wine and get that disc popped into your player.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri 04 Jul 2008, 12:51 pm

That good is it?? Must get around to watching it then, thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri 04 Jul 2008, 12:59 pm

It is quite brutal and graphic in parts, and Grendal could be a bit scary for little uns. So if you have some little uns, i would suggest watching it first then if you deem it suitable let them watch it too.
Back to top Go down
wombat

wombat

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri 04 Jul 2008, 1:43 pm

Just the concept of Grendal is scary - and I've only read the poem!
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon 07 Jul 2008, 9:13 am

Neil wrote:
Mine's a Jenning's Bitter.

Hi Neil

Just bought Snatch from Ebay, should come tomorrow, {hopefully}, if it does will watch it tomorrow night, if not will be next week, looking forward to it!! Watch this space Laughing Sparkle-
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon 07 Jul 2008, 4:23 pm

excellent film, nearly if not as good as Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, just off to watch the latter Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon 07 Jul 2008, 4:38 pm

Enjoy!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 08 Jul 2008, 12:18 pm

Just watched Snatch...Neil...thought it was a great film, your right Vinnie Jones wasn't too bad in it, loved the boxing side of this film, also the dog played a great part. Was funny from beginning to end...loved it!!.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 08 Jul 2008, 3:14 pm

I didnt watch Lock Stock in the end, i watched wildhogs and fell asleep on the sofa Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 08 Jul 2008, 3:30 pm

Yeah well it was late when you started to watch your film, Really enjoyed wild hogs as well, "Funny Film" have you got it on DVD LeeWat? Laughing
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 08 Jul 2008, 3:43 pm

sure have, with the fancy spangly cardboard cover too Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 08 Jul 2008, 4:16 pm

Woo Hoo.....Very Posh!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 08 Jul 2008, 4:32 pm

I do live in Cheshire dont you know Laughing (not the posh bit like)

Right then, question time. Whats that film called about highway men starring Robert Carlyle called, i can't remember its name and i want to find it again ?

Sorry all just remembered Plunket & Macleane.

Last edited by LeeWat on Tue 08 Jul 2008, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 08 Jul 2008, 4:35 pm

Plunket and McLean (or something similar)......I think my brother did some work on it.
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue 08 Jul 2008, 4:41 pm

Cheers Ian, i'd just remembered it myself, was Rob in it or on the production crew ?
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat 12 Jul 2008, 3:37 pm

Just watched "Water Horse".... film set on Loch Ness....about a little boy who finds an egg of...."Nessie".....Hatches it.....and raises the friendly monster.....It was quite good....wouldn't watch it again though.....but worth watching Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

What Films Have You Recently Watched?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: