Mysterious Britain Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mysterious Britain Forums

for the open discussion of all things paranormal.

HomeHome  Mysterious Britain mainpageMysterious Britain mainpage  Mailing ListMailing List  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Films Have You Recently Watched?

Go down 
+7
Sparkle-
DJP
Mauro
Urisk
LeeWat
Neil
Ian
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
baroniveagh

baroniveagh

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-09-18

What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSat 11 Oct 2008, 3:44 am

Iron Man. I was prepared for an awful film, but it was surprisingly good.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedTue 14 Oct 2008, 4:27 pm

Just watched 21 Kevin Spacey......best film I've watched in ages....anyone else seen it? Smile

Last edited by Sparkle- on Thu 23 Oct 2008, 7:08 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Urisk

Urisk

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 3:58 am

Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society

Basically a continuation of the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex anime series, and plays out like an extended episode really, continuing two years on from the 2nd series.

Beautifully animated (using a mix of cell-shaded and 3D computer and calssic cell animation), good storyline and strong performances from the English voice cast.

But it nabs a Hell of a lot from the original manga comics... so loses a bit of kudos there (although it could be seen as "homage"); but this can be seen as both good and bad. Good because those who've read all through the manga will enjoy seeing these bits put in; bad because these same fans might want something a bit more original.

So with a little bit of homage frais in there, I give it 8/10 (but a high 8!)
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed 15 Oct 2008, 6:03 am

I love Ghost in the Shell and the whole series Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk
Urisk

Urisk

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu 16 Oct 2008, 6:03 am

Hey that's cool Ian! Very Happy Ive been a fan of GITS for yonks, but it seems of late I've re-developed my obsession for it!

What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Tachik12
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedThu 16 Oct 2008, 6:07 am

Again, I seem to have also acquired the BGC RPG of it, but have no one else who appreciates the anime genre Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Urisk

Urisk

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon 20 Oct 2008, 5:14 am

People don't have to even like or know about the anime to be captivated by the mythology of GITS. It's an amazing world- very scary! Hacking that occurs not on your computer... but in your head! pale

I didn't know there was a RPG of it!

Anyways, last movie I watched.

Invasion of the Astro Monsters (aka Kaijū Daisenso) on VHS! Featuring excellent acting from Nick Adams, I loved this movie growing up: Godzilla, Rodan, King Ghidora! Awesome Stuff! Now dated, it's one of these movies you just have to shrug and enjoy it for what it is.

8/10.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedTue 21 Oct 2008, 3:27 pm

Doomsday - great action - lots of blood & gore - if you like Mad Max stuff then you'll like this - inbetween Mad Max & Dog Soldiers. 8/10 Smile
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedWed 22 Oct 2008, 9:29 am

I watched Hitman the other night, not a bad film, plenty of action.
Back to top Go down
baroniveagh

baroniveagh

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri 24 Oct 2008, 3:44 am

GITS is good. Been a while since I watched any of them. Appleseed is also nice.
Back to top Go down
Urisk

Urisk

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri 24 Oct 2008, 10:54 am

I've only seen the Appleseed remakethat was done a few years ago, although I remember seeing at least the start of the original film back when Sci-Fi actually showed good programmes like anime, late at night, but I fell a sleep and missed it Laughing

Last film I watched- Godzilla (1998).

I maintain that this is a fine piece of monster cinema- I loved it 10 years ago when it captured my early-teen imagination and I still love it now!

8/10, without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSat 25 Oct 2008, 3:01 pm

Shutter - wortst film I've seen in a long time - very slow Zzzzzz.... best part was the last 10mins - marks out of 10 - would have to be 3 Mad
Back to top Go down
Sparkle-

Sparkle-

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedSun 26 Oct 2008, 5:45 pm

Ordinary Decent - Very funny, bril Gangster Film - Kevin Spacey never fails Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ian
Admin
Admin
Ian

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedMon 27 Oct 2008, 2:52 am

Layer Cake, getting ready for the new Bond Film by watching a Daniel Craig movie.
Back to top Go down
LeeWat

LeeWat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_minipostedFri 31 Oct 2008, 11:12 am

Tropic Thunder, quite amusing.... best bit was director stepping on land mine Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Films Have You Recently Watched?   What Films Have You Recently Watched? - Page 4 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

What Films Have You Recently Watched?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mysterious Britain Forums :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: